Healing

Eleven years ago

==========

Rubi's POV

I was never able to rest on long journeys. Too much anticipation and worry filling my mind for the days ahead. My eyes looked towards the ruined Hyrule Castle and the dark calamity that swirled around it. At night, illuminated by the moonlight, you were able to see how powerful the evil beast around the castle truly was. From the Wetland Stable, you could see the deep malice almost perfectly.

Something about it was horrifying, yet captivating.

"You should try to sleep, my love." Akio's voice trailed behind me.

I turned my head over my shoulder to see him walking up to me. His rich blue eyes twinkled in the moonlight, his short auburn hair danced in the faint wind. My eyes looked back to the castle as he stood beside me, resting both palms onto the fence in front of us.

"Do you believe she is still truly in there? If the legends are true, it has been around ninety years since she has trapped herself in there with that beast." I whispered to him.

His eyes fell off of me and onto the ruined castle. "I have faith in her. The Princess is alive to this day and continues to fight for us all, awaiting the return of her knight."

"You have faith in her?"

"I do. If she was to fall, the rest of that dark malice we see now would be freed onto this Kingdom, we would perish if it wasn't for her." He responded.

"Legend says the Knight, Link, fell because of her failure to use her power." I added.

"Legend also says, it was because of his fatal wounds that she was able to unlock it." He lifted his hand and wrapped his arm around my back, gripping onto my waist. "Have faith in her, Rubi. They will save us."

I looked into his eyes. "As long as you are all safe, I will. There has just been too many close calls. If anything happened to you or our children-"

"I am never leaving your side, my love." He paused my words.

My lips formed into a faint smile and I leaned into his touch, resting my head onto his shoulder. Having faith in the Princess was hard. Every waking moment trying to survive became harder. I would have faith though, as long as I had Akio and my children by my side, I would have faith in her.

We stood appreciating the quiet night for a few calm moments. I cherished the feeling of his arm around me, the gentle rise and fall of his shoulders with each breath. We have been traveling for two days now with many days still ahead of us. We planned on making our way to Hateno hoping to find a home there for us. If not a permanent home, than a safe shelter until we decided to move again.

"We should go back incase Katsu or Keiko awake without us there." His calming voice whispered to me. 

I lifted my hand to rest onto his on the fence. "One day, this will all be over and we shall rest. We will raise them in a large home, giving them a happy life. Right?" I whispered to him.

He pressed a soft kiss to the top of my raven black hair. "Soon, my love. Hateno will have something for us. You know I will always fight for you and this family."