The Great Plateau

Zelda's POV

His golden hair was illuminated by the sun's rays as I twirled the strands around my fingertip. The rising sun peaking through the cracks of the curtain pulled me from my sleep only a few moments ago and I now rested beside my fiancé remembering yesterday's events. So much occurred in just a few short hours, one moment I'm beside Purah studying the corpses of guardians and the next I'm screaming asking Link if he has a "death wish." No matter how many times I apologize and no matter how many times he forgives me, I will never forgive myself for saying those words to him.

Another strand of his hair fell from my fingertips onto his soft shoulder as I continued my thoughts. Today held a whole different challenge, the Shrine of Resurrection. In my slumber I never once was taken back to that dark moment in the shrine as I was the previous nights, and from his peaceful night of sleep, I believe Link was never taken back there either. How easy it would be to shrug off the weird recollections from the night before, forget it and move on. We had to be positive though, if something is truly there that we are being called to we have to know.

I should wake him. I pondered. Quicker we go, quicker we can return home.

Just as I was reaching my hand to his shoulder to try and wake him, I heard a faint tap at the window. I quickly perked up, pressing the blankets tightly to my chest. After a few seconds another tap occurred. I quickly slipped out from under the covers and slipped back on my silk night gown along with a light blue robe. When I pulled open the curtains enough for me to peak outside, I saw Purah smiling with her arms crossed. I raised an eyebrow to her and she giggled and waved her arm, ushering me to join her outside.

I rolled my eyes and closed the curtains again then moved to pull the blankets over Link's shoulder while pressing a kiss to his temple. Once I slipped on my sandals, I left the inn to meet up with Purah.

"Good morning to you too." I announced walking up behind her.

"Uh oh, someone is cranky. Did I pull you from Mister lover boy too early?" She giggled and made a mocking pouty face as she turned to face me.

I giggled and rolled my eyes. "What is so urgent, Purah?"

"Well while you and your lovebug were... making up, I tried to piece things together."

"Piece what exactly? Master Rubi's escape?" I quickly questioned.

"Yes, Impa told me about those recollections you two were having. I think they are connected. Think about it, you two are having these repeat dreams about the shrine and then we hear of her escape, I know it's a little bit of a stretch but a possibility." She shrugged.

"I think him and I plan on scoping out the shrine today, to see if anything strange was happening there, or going to happen."

"That's why I'm telling you this. I want you two to be extra careful, from what Riju described, this Master Rubi has possession of something powerful."

Her words made me freeze. Possession.

"Him and I need to go now." I turned to head back to the inn.

"Wait, Princess, what is it?" I heard her following close behind.

"You said that she could have possession of something powerful, correct? Well what if it's not her who has a possession but instead she is possessed." I turned back to face her.