My Knight, My King, My Love

2 Weeks Later

==========

Zelda's POV

In these pass days being home in Hyrule Castle, I felt busier than ever before. In the mornings, Link and I would have a few moments alone but then we would be dragged away to preform duties to prepare ourselves for our new roles, and a new Hyrule. I was involved in most of the wedding planning, though I was able to do little. I would simply just say "yes" or "no" to certain colors, guests, food, and other various parts of a wedding. The rest was completed by servants and my personal helper, Lili. Paya, Impa, and Purah were involved in many parts as well, the Shekiah tribe being esteemed guests at the wedding. Out of everything I would be pulled away for, wedding tasks rattled my nerves the most. It was not just a joining of Link and I, it was the start of a new Royal family, a new era of Hyrule.

When I wasn't picking out flowers or being fitted for a dress, I was reading, letter after letter. Many were sent daily from all over Hyrule, many to me, many to Link. Issues needing to be resolved, villages needing more supplies, request for military being sent out across Hyrule for security, and many from the Zora, Rito, Gerudo, and Gorons. As promised, we kept in touch with them and carried out our original plans with them. There were many wrongs to be righted after 100 years of destruction, every time I began to try and right those wrongs, a headache formed quickly behind my eyes. So, I called for help from one of the people I trusted most, Paya who became my Royal Advisor, Impa stepping when needed. 

And when I wasn't writing or reading letters, meeting with leaders throughout Hyrule, or trying to figure our political moves, I was researching. Link told me to become a scholar, so a scholar I became. Within a few days time, Purah and Robbie sent their letters back in reply, Purah's letter coming with a small package. A few journals of her own personal research for me to read through and catch up with them. Our focus, continuing learning ancient Sheikah technology and being able to perfect it. Not only perfect using it, but soon wanting to learn how to create more of it ourselves. Purah continued tinkering with the Shekiah Slate, Robbie with ancient weapons. I decided to go with the tech I feared the most, Guardians.

Thus, I sent a letter back to Hateno with plans to finally remove the Guardians from Hateno Fort, all of them to be salvaged for parts but leaving a particular Guardian for me to study. Even after 100 years, I knew exactly which Guardian in Hateno Fort I wanted to test on. 

My short hair fell over the sides of my face as I flipped through the pages in my journal, reading though some of my past notes. We knew how to salvage these Guardians, but fully preserving one and even attempting to make it functional again would be an issue. I tried to peace together information when a gentle knock came from my study's door. A moment later it opened up as Paya stepped inside.

"It's late, your highness. You should rest." 

"You're right. My head is still thumping from reading so many messages and sitting here flipping though notes won't do much." I spoke turning to face her.

"If you won't be needing anything else I plan on heading back to Kakariko tonight. Cardan too." She offered a light smile.

"Yes, Go home Paya, you've done more than enough for me. I owe you so much for everything. And how is Cardan? I'm afraid I haven't been able to check in much with him."

"You owe me nothing, I'm honored to be aiding you through this. And Cardan is... well Cardan. Silent, but I believe he is adjusting well. His shoulder is much better, can lift a lighter sword."

"I'm relieved to hear that. Link was the same, barely spoke three words a whole day, you were lucky if you even heard that much from him. Cardan will open back up to you soon, when he is ready." I replied to her as I closed my journal and stood from my desk.