Failure

Master Rubi's POV

"Imbeciles. Your mission was simple, grab the knight and get out. All you had to do was get a single cuff around his wrist or even an ankle. Instead, you wounded him? Stabbed him in an way that could've killed him!" I shouted to the Yigas bowing below me.

"Master. It was the Princess. Together they have become powerful." A Yiga spoke.

"Then why didn't you stab her? Not the one we need. Do you understand? For us to take Hyrule we need him alive." I sneered back.

They paused, unknowing how to respond as I turned my back to them. I faced the mural of Ganon as I let my mind sort through plans. As long as the Zelda was breathing my mission of capturing the knight would be filled with obstacles. Her being the only royalty left in her monarch, once she was gone I could take the role. She must be eliminated.

"Forget the knight. You mission is to bring me Zelda. I alone will take care of Master Link." I turn to face them.

"What ever do you mean Master? Due to the Princess's abilities it would be impossible for Ganon to control her." A Yiga questioned.

"No, I do not wish to control her. The knight is bound to her side, his loyalty will soon become his worst trait. If we are able to get her and bring her here, he will walk right to us. Once we have her and he runs into our trap, we may eliminate her." I walk closer to them.

As I'm about to continue on, a young Yiga walks into the room. He gives a slight nod in my direction. I hold my knife close remembering his failure. Cardan was always a smart boy, quick and cunning. His ability to come up with a plan in seconds always amazed me. I never knew how amazed I could be at his failure.

"You have failed me boy." I snap.

"You told me no one would be hurt and now the Master knight has been stabbed in the side and forced to flee from the palace. Tell me, how is that not harming anyone?" He snaps back.

I pause, understanding his anger. He was an orphan when I found him almost ten years ago. Wondering the land of Hyrule on his own, starved nearly to death. His parents, killed by Yigas, if only he knew he would become one. Become his greatest enemy. I am just about to speak when he cuts me off.

"Your people have taken everything from me. I am no longer with you Master Rubi." As he finishes, gasps of the other Yiga fill the room.

"You do not want to be that stupid boy. Who do you bow to then? The Princess?" I snap back.

"I bow to no one. Everything has been taken from me, I have no family, no home, and certainly no love. Those few who have put faith in me now have been forced to leave her own castle with her loving knight suffering from an almost fatal stab wound. I have nothing to loose." He takes his mask and throws it on the ground below him, proceeding to leave the hideout.

Yigas stand to follow him but I wave them down. He has aided us greatly, his plan to lure the Princess into the shrine room where Link should've killed her. Him finding a way to gain the Sheikah's trust making himself one of them, gaining the trust of Master Link. The only flaw is now both Link and Zelda have ran and we have no idea where. Except one of us does know, Cardan.

I ran after him to secure the location of the knight, but when I turned the corner of the hideout, he was gone. Along with all of his information.