We Are Ready

Zelda's POV

My consciousness faded in and out, barely being able to piece together the events happening around me and the area I was now in. 

Cardan, I saw Cardan fighting.

Darkness, I saw dark hallways.

Stone, I saw stone walls and stone floors, they were cold, too cold. 

My hearing did little too, I couldn't make out the muffled noises around me. 

All I heard was Cardan's voice that sounded so distant, he was threatening someone, who I couldn't tell. 

And everything faded again.

==========

When my eyes opened I was met with an unfamiliar area. The walls and floor were stone, the floor felt ice cold below me. I looked ahead of me, trying to see my way through the dark area that was lit with few torches. My head was pounding, my throat dry, all of my limbs tired. My limbs... I yanked behind me and felt a sharp pressure pierce down into my wrist.

No, no, no. This couldn't be-

It was. My hands were cuffed. This room, no not a room, this cell. I have seen this cell before. 

The first time I was here, I stumbled across this cell when trying to rescue Link. I felt nausea rise in my throat when I thought about the cuffs attached to me, and who they have held before. Don't move. I silently thought to myself. Any movement will cause them to tighten. I remembered the cuts and bruises on Link's wrists. My heart rate spiked and my breathing quickened, how would I escape. I took in the whole environment around me. My breath froze and my heart felt like it was near stopping when the door at the beginning of the small hallway began to open. I quickly moved myself back into the corner, hiding into the shadows of the cell as much as possible. My eyes couldn't believe who I saw, walking amongst Master Rubi and two other Yigas, uncuffed. Cardan.

"Don't be so foolish boy. Just come back to us-" Master Rubi began.

"Enough. I will never join with you again. Shouldn't I be dead, anyone who betrays or leaves the Yigas dies right? So please just kill me already. Or are you too weak." He stomped away from her.

"You dare wish to speak to me like that? Cardan, after everything this clan- after everything I have given you... why do you intend on being so selfish. You could have a whole power under you, if you wanted it I would give you the keys to the Yiga now." 

"I do not want your disgusting clan, or your horrendous people. The crimes you've had me commit, the people you have ordered me to hurt. No more, I do not stand with you." His face was filled with a sense of anger.

"I loved you like my own son-"

"You never loved me. You used me. Had me lead Zelda to that throne room had me let those Yigas storm the castle because you knew I could. Because you are weak, sitting here in these caves allowing everyone else to do the dirty work for you." He snapped and she reached out, slapping him hard across the face.

The smack of her hand echoed throughout my cell, along with his confession.

He betrayed us all.