Warriors

Zelda's POV

Late into the night, Impa's home became quiet. The guard's that previously filled the downstairs room to discuss Link's disappearance have now left to rest. I sat in Paya's bed with my knees pulled up my chest and nervously twisting strands of my golden hair between my finger tips. Sleep was impossible, how could I possibly rest after the day's previous events. I peaked down at Paya, who laid on top of multiple blankets on the ground, curled up into a ball fast asleep. She seemed excited that I was sleeping over, despite the circumstances, almost like we were younger and having a sleep over. The moonlight covered her room in a soft, white glow as I glanced around to see anything that would bring me even the slightest bit of extra comfort, but nothing did.

I know why Impa insisted on resting, instead of frantically jumping into a plan. I've known her my whole life, and though she has aged greatly and I haven't at all these past 100 years, I still saw her as one of my dearest friends, trusting her completely. We needed to be swift yes, but we also needed to be careful. I decided it was worth trying to rest, I wanted to help in any way possible to rescue Link, but I couldn't do that if I was tired. My body was practically screaming at me to relax, my limbs sore from fighting, my stomach sick from the lack of eating and the nausea being caused from the grief, and my eyes stinging from the tears. I laid my head back on Paya's pillows and completely hid myself with the covers, but it was no use. The moonlight soon left and let in the sun to shine through, allowing me no rest at all.

It was time to save my silent knight.

==========

Link's POV

I had no clue how long I've been trapped within these walls, having no windows to allow me to see the morning sun or midnight's moon. Has it been only a few hours? Or a whole day? I haven't rested, despite my body begging me to try. Everything was sore and tired from sitting on the stone floor, my wrist were swollen and I could feel bruises form underneath the cuffs, my stomach was sick with a mixture of nausea and hunger, my head still pounding. I sat with my head resting on the wall behind me almost the whole night, moving very little to conserve what minuscule energy I had left.

Despite everything, I had faith. I knew Zelda would seek help, most likely the help of Impa, I hoped. With every passing second, I missed her more. Her eyes as bright as glistening emerald, her long, golden hair, her soft touch, her voice, I missed everything. I remembered Master Rubi's words, her plan to use me to take down Zelda, I felt a shiver go down my spine and the nausea grew stronger.

No matter what happens, I must not let them complete their plan. I cannot let them have Ganon consume me so they are able to use me as a weapon. No matter what, I had to protect Hyrule, protect my princess, even if it kills me, I must not let them win.

When my thought passes, the door to the hallway unlatches.

==========

Zelda's POV

The room was filled with Impa's closest guards and companions. All Sheikah. She sat in the center of the room and they surrounded her, speaking through plans, mapping out the Yiga hideout, going through weapons, reading ancient text. All of this was happening, while I sat in the corner of the room. Though they were trying to protect me, it was not me who needed protection. When I wanted to get involved, all they would worry about was my safety, what would happen to me? Where should they have me go so I will be the safest? A few more moments pass, letting me realize even more that I didn't want to hide. I was tired of being protected. I stood up from the stool and walked over to the circle.