Maya Bishop- But still I rise (original)

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

I knew that Rebecca was having Ashy after school for a play date with her twins, those three get along well enough so to speak. As much as I don't like Rebecca's rudeness sometimes she's great company and our three loon bags entertain themselves. I walked into the beanery and something smelt good, "Mmh Travis what you cooking?" "Cheese and bacon turnovers there'll be done in a sec," "Hi Maya," I had forgotten Pruitt popped by. He knew about Ashleigh and would enjoy the occasional time he had to watch her. "Hey cap what brings you here? Not that I'm trying to get rid of you it's just. I am going to stop talking," "I came by to speak to Andrea but I best be off now have fun y'all."

Third Person

Pruitt climbed down the stairs and into the reception when someone burgundy catches his eye, "Ashleigh?" He asked peering round the corner to see her still in her burgundy school jumper, white polo shirt and grey skirt, "Grandpa Pru!" She exclaimed over the moon, "What are you doing here mija?" "Rebecca told me to wait here till mummy comes and gets me, she said that I don't like how I don't have a daddy," "Why are you so bruised and scraped up?" "Tony and Tina pushed me over," "Oh, how long have you been here mija?" Ash climbed off the chair and pointed out the hands on his watch, "An hour. Come with me Ash." He led Ash into Maya's office before hurriedly climbing the stairs.

Maya's POV

I watched Cap appear at the top of the stairs, he beckoned me over to him. "Maya go down into your office," he said it in a commanding tone that implied it was a statement not a suggestion. Curiously I agreed and headed down into my office. I swung my door open for something burgundy to fly at my legs, I look down to see Ashleigh clinging to me saying, "Mummy, mummy, mummy!" "Hello baby girl what are you doing here, not like I didn't miss you," "Rebecca told me to wait here till you come and get me, she said that she don't like how I don't have a daddy and that you were a whore," anger boiled in my blood and had to physically stop myself from cussing in front of her, "Why are you so bruised and scraped up?" "Tony and Tina pushed me over while we were playing tag." I ceased my chance, "What we gonna do with you?!" I blew raspberries on her stomach before giving her a good tickle.

I went into my bunk and pulled out the bag I kept in there for when she stopped by, I gave her a pair of leggings and a tinkerbell t-shirt. "Want to help me with all this boring paperwork?" I said playfully, she surprisingly said yes. How many people can say there reading practice was helping there mum with fire house paperwork, I also taught her how to speak in full sentences by counting five words at a time on her fingers. I admired her scar on the side of her head as she brought her fingers to say something, "Mummy, what are you looking at?" "Your scar I love it," I reply using my fingers.

Suddenly the door to my office swung open as Travis burst in with presumably my cheese and bacon turnovers, "Maya I've brought, who is that? And why do you have a small child," "Travis shut up and get in here now!" He did as told and leapt into my office. "Travis meet Ashleigh, Ashleigh," once she had my attention I brought my fingers into view, "This is Travis mummy's friend, want to go say hi," she nodded happily and went proudly to introduce herself. "Who's kid is she?" "Mine, her dad doesn't know she exists. Could of needed a shoulder to lean on these last couple of years," Ashleigh climbed onto my knees and snuggled into my shoulder quickly falling asleep. "Who's her dad?" "You've known him longer than I have," his face went blank as the pieces fell into place, Ashleigh bore a strong resemblance to both Maya AND Jack, "Jack?!" "Yeah, we met not long after I came back from London 2012. Dated from September to January, we left on mutual terms and a week later I found out I was pregnant. It was a rough pregnancy to say the least, mum, Mason and I hid if from my dad to for both my safety and Ashleigh's. I had awful morning sickness that lasted the whole pregnancy and labour to say the least was horrific. My water broke at 11pm 30th August though active labour didn't start until 1am 31st. I wasn't dilating in 24 hours I was only 4 centimetres, it was decided that if I didn't progress in 18 hours I would be taken for a C-section. I got an injection that to this day I still haven't been told what it is and I dilated quickly in the last 5 hours. Ashleigh got stuck in the birth canal with the cord around her neck, it ended up being a forceps delivery and I had to have 25 stitches. Ashleigh still has the scar from the forceps. I still feel guilty that I couldn't breastfeed but it physically hurt, sorry about the rambling I just have to tell someone. Mason was sober enough to be my rock but the nurse kicked him out when I needed him most when dad found out. He came storming in yelling and screaming."

Station 19 one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें