49. Reunion And Reconnection

Start from the beginning

You jolted out of your thoughts when Colt came back with red pouch and placed it on the table. "And here's your reward. Total of 10,000 gold coins."

This dirt bag...

You narrowed your eyes at him and removed your dagger from the strap on your thigh and flashed at him threateningly.

"We played this games way too many times, it's getting boring." You held up the dagger and menacingly smiled at him. "Stop cheating me and cough up the deal money, old man."

Another red pouch was added on the counter table with a sheepish smile.

"Greedy bastard! I give you 10% commission, it's still not enough for you?!" You threw the dagger at him in exasperation.

Colt duck in time and the dagger wedged itself into the wall and he shamelessly grinned. "Money can sway anyone heart, sweetheart."

"At least try being a bit apologetic, you shamelessly bastard?!"

"Kukuku." Another shameless laugh

You swore under your breath and just sighed and grabbed the heavy red pouch and put it away safely. This guy helped to become a bounty hunter so at least you could be tolerant towards him. A tiny bit, only.

"You got a customer." Colt pointed a thumb to the side of the bar where a lone person sat.

You nodded and got up, pulled over your mask and hood. You didn't want your identity to be exposed, not when you were a refugee.

You pulled out a chair and  sat down. You had double source of income. One was bounty hunting and other was healing.

The man's face was hidden beneath the hood, like you many preferred to keep their identity hidden and he wordlessly pulled his shirt up and a poorly bandaged wound was visible.

You started healing his gash until a single red line remained. You stopped. A good Healer's knew how to combine magic and medicine for optimal use. You can't just exhaust your magic quota when you were in presence of other bounty hunters who very much could hunt you down for your money. You removed a vial from the pouch strapped on your thigh.

You poured the glittering liquid on his wound. "This should do the trick. Tomorrow morning you would be good as new! That would be 2500 +100 gold coins for healing elixir."

"It's expensive." He complaint as he reached inside his cloak.

"Not worth more than your life, bro!" You weren't going to negotiate with him. Dude I risk my life to get the ingredients so, no discount for you.

He grunted and pushed a black pouch towards you and stood up walking towards the bounty display probably searching for his next hunt.

You took the pouch and went back to Colt smiling. "More money. Hehehe."

You sat down, took the drink on the table and asked "So any sales?" 

Colt nodded and pulled out a bag from underneath the table. "This week 9 healing elixir were sold so here's your 900 gold coins."

You made healing medicine and trusted it to Colt who sold the items to others for price he sees fit. You were surprised. Normally it would take at least a few months before any healing medicine was sold.

Seeing your shock, Colt chuckled. "Magic products are rare and have higher selling rate. By next month we would be making 10,000 coins per day."

His black eyes were shining with greedy and you could almost see the after image of gold in his eyes. You rolled your eyes at him and put away your money.