Chapter 45 - He's Coming

We are entering the final parts of this book so thank you in advance for reading this book. 20 more chapter left and it is finished. Maybe I'll post a Avengers Reacts to the MCU after this.

Without further ado, let's get to the story!

Previously on Enhanced ==>

"Except for those who died, everyone on Asgard is safe. We will hold a funeral and prayer later in the day. Get settled here. Asgard might have fallen, but that's not the most important thing, you are. Odin said before his death, 'Asgard's not a place, its a people.', it never has been.. That only means Asgard can exist anywhere. Everywhere could be Asgard as long as its people are alive. This could be Asgard. It is wherever our people stand. Sure its a step down from all the golden sham, but we can rebuild. Our ancestors also once lived without the golden sham, and if they can, we could, and we should."

Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering...no. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile, for even in death, you have become Children of Thanos.

I know what it's like to lose...dread it...run from it...destiny arrives all the same...And now, it's here. And now, it's here. Or should I say...I AM.

I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be.

I am... inevitable.

"Mom! What happened?!", Ether asks hugging me. I immediately hugged her back tightly. "You're not dying on me. You're not going to be taken away from me.", I murmured. "Mom. You're having a nightmare. Nobody is going to take us away. We're not not dying mom. I promise that to you, 'kay?"

I sure hope they don't go away.

============================

It's been over a month now and mom's nightmares never ceased

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

It's been over a month now and mom's nightmares never ceased. She tries to hide it to everyone, keyword tried. She doesn't know we can hear her every time she screams. We can see it in her eyes, literally, her eyebags are growing. Her usually cheery attitude is lessened. We don't know what exactly is she worrying about but, we do know that she fervently worries about us. "Hey babe. What's wrong?", Bucky kisses me. I didn't even know he awakened. "About mom, love. I'm sure you notice her.", I said sighing.

He kisses me again. "Yeah. I noticed. Even her AI noticed. She is actually upping security protocols around everyone here, especially you six.", he says hugging me. Another scream pierces the midnight air so we rushed to mom's room. There she is crying again and drenched in sweat. "Mom. Please tell us what's wrong. We are here to help. Please?", I pleaded beside her. All six of us are here with the team waiting outside having been kicked out by Nat herself.

"He's coming. Thanos is coming. He's coming for you all.", Mom said whilst hugging us. "Mom, listen. No one is going to take us away from you. I promise that.", I say as we all hug her. "Well do everything we can to make our family safe.", I whisper to her ears. This is the first time I see her very distressed. I put a spell Mama Frigga taught me to make her sleep then went to sleep with Bucky. "What happened?", he asked once I got back to our room. "The usual, and I don't like it.", I say lowly lying down facing him. "Why?", he asked. "That's a story for later. I'll call a family/team meeting later. For now, let's sleep.", I said and he kisses me. I'm worried for her because of him, that purple son of a bitch is really pushing to get us all.