Chapter 13 - There was an idea....

It's been 37 years after I vanished form SHIELD, sure I was the Director, well still is

It's been 37 years after I vanished form SHIELD, sure I was the Director, well still is. I choose to vanish because I feel like discontented with my life. I need to have a break but, I still have reports coming in or I would go to SHIELD undetected at time. I actually live in the Philippines. It seems like a good place to lay low, live normally for a while. Then these past few days, I kept seeing SHIELD agents near the town I am staying. Then morning by next week, I woke up in a different room, so I used my telepathic ability to survey the area. I am in the helicarrier, wait, I'M IN THE HELICARRIER!! I bolted up my bed and banged on the door. "HEY!! OPEN UP THE DOOR NOW!! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!!", I screamed but no one ever opened the door. "OPEN THE DOOR OR I WILL LAY WASTE IN THIS SHIP RIGHT NOW!! I CAN RIP VIBRANIUM INTO TWO!!", I say then it opened to a man in a trench coat, Nicholas Fury, the new director.

"THANK YOU!! My god is that how you treat your director now a days?", I say as I exit. "So, what do you need me for?" I ask him while walking towards the control room. "To save the world.", Fury says. "That's why Steve let it drop to the ocean in'45, Fury. And why would you want me to be in the Avengers? Why not just page Carol here?", I say to him crossing my arms and looking him dead in the eye. "I'm not gonna ask on how you knew about Danvers. But Director Carter said that you are the person to come to when very needed. And seeing that you're not in space, I think that might be true.", he says. "No.", I do not accept, even with Peggy's recommendation. I'm over my days, I want to live normally. I went to the flight deck and unfurled my wings, mocked saluted them and flew away to my home in New York, might as well go there if I'm in the US. I bought the file with me just in case I change my mind.

After a month I came directly to the carrier to see Agent Romanoff on deck with Rogers. I landed at least three feet away from them to surprise Rogers. I sneaked up and jumped on Rogers back surprising him, and also knocking him off his feet. Romanoff draw a gun on me but realized who I was. "YOU DUMB IDIOT!", I yelled at him as we got up. "You don't know how much Peggy cried for you. But I'm glad you're alive.", I say and I hugged him. I see Dr. Banner coming towards us, and called him to meet us. "Dr. Banner!", I yelled at the man who seems flustered with the buzz on the flight deck. "Oh, yeah. Hi. They told me you'd be coming. But not you, mam.", he admits. He's tense alright.

"Word is you can find the cube.", Steve asks. Always direct to the point. Never changed even if he's frozen for 70 years. "Is that the only word on me?", Bruce says. He cares for our safety. He doesn't want us to be killed by the Hulk. I read his mind, well two for that matter. "Only word I care about.", Steve says. "It must be strange for you, all of this.", Bruce says to Steve. Hmm, I'm kinda wondering the same thing about him. "Well, this is actually kind of familiar.", Steve says looking around. "What? The men I understand but trust me, it's not the same as '43.", I say to him giving him an incredulous look. "By the way, you might want to get inside for now, it will be hard to breathe in the next few minutes.", I say to them. It will be fun to their reaction, especially Steve.