Chapter 32 - Hulk vs. Nature

"Thor's right

"Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller.", Steve said. He doesn't mean those right? Right?! "Please don't say hardcopies.", I groaned at Steve but he just looked at me. Ugh! "I hate you, Anthony.", I glared at him. "Let's start tomorrow. Let's just sleep for the night. ", I waved them off and they agreed.

Sleep wasn't visiting me. So, I went to the kitchen and made some hot chocolate. I sat at the balcony foyer thinking to where I failed when someone sat beside me. It was Tessa and a presence behind us, maybe Loki. "Don't worry mom, were going to get Hugi back. You didn't break your promise on Ether so I know you'll never break it for Hugi.", she said hugging me. "I know I will. Because I don't know what am I gonna do if I didn't.", I say reassuringly. I will get Hugi by any means necessary.

+++++++++

Morning came and I asked Maria on intel about the homicidal bitch. "He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs, reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place.", she said. Steve joined us. "Casualties?", Steve asked. "Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see.", she says.

"Huh. The Maximoffs.", I say. But why would they team up with a homicidal bitch? "Well, that makes sense he'd go to them, they have someone in common.", Steve says. Strucker? "I highly doubt it.", I say. Ultron doesn't want to entangle with HYDRA.

"Agreed.", Hill says handing us a tablet. "The bitch killed Strucker. He doesn't want us to learn something.", I say. But what? "Barton, we might have something.", Steve called him onboard but Clint was also talking to someone, Laura probably. "You can to her later Clint.". I say and he dropped the call. Once we reach the lab everyone was gathered and searching for clues. "We have word guys.", I say as I give the tablet to Thor who slams it to Tony's body as he saw what's in the image. "And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us.", Tony sarcastically says.

"This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?", Nat deduces. "To lure us away. Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss.", I say. Oh, I don't like where this is going. "Yep. Meda is right. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased.", Nat confirms.

"Well not everything. Girls, kindly get the hard copies I sorted earlier.", I said to my daughters who immediately vanished. They reappeared a little later only carrying one box. "Why only one?", I asked them. "I was saw something in this box. Unlike the other boxes, I saw a vision of the past here.", Mira says. I take a good look at her and she seem pale. "Okay baby.", I say as I got the box. I opened it and immediately regretted it.

"Well, shit.", I say handing them the file. "I know that guy. From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms.", Tony says and Steve and I gave him the look of disapproval. "There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game changer, it was all very "Ahab." ", he continues.