Chapter 49 - I Love You 3000

Previously on Enhanced:

"I admire your courage, but you lack the understanding."

"Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now... is no time at all."

"You should have... you...You should have gone for the head!"

"What'd you do? WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"Something's happening.",

"Mr. Stark?"

"I don't feel so good..."

I don't know what's -- I don't know what's happening. I don't--I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, Mr. Stark, please. Please, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go..."

"I'm sorry."

"Oh, God."

"What did it cost you to get here? For this mission of yours?

"Everything."

"Me too. I'm losing half my family as we speak. Maybe this was the one Aya told me, the green one on your thumb, we need to lose in order to win. We can't win without failing right?"

"Did your legs felt weak? I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right...yet to fail, nonetheless. It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I'll ask you, to what end?",

"Dread it...run from it...destiny arrives all the same."

"Now that you are finished, what now?"

"Nothing. I'm now finished. I tipped the scales to balance everything is perfectly balance."

"Can I have my daughters back?"

you may. I have nothing to use them for."

"What happened?

"I used your stones. I snapped half of all life in the universe. Then your mother followed me here begged for your lives."

"Where are we?"

"The Garden. Where I planned to rest and watch the grateful universe."

"How's mom?"

"Alive, but still not awake. Its been two weeks now."

"They're very worried about you. They didn't stop gawking over your sleeping body."

"You shouldn't be walking already."

"HOW COULD YOU NOT HEAR MOM GETTING OUT! YOU JUST SAID THAT YOU'RE BARELY AWAKE!"

"GIRLS! I'm fine! Just calm down, okay?"

"I'm really sorry, Mira. I'm just concerned about mom."

They're here!"

"Who coming is mom?"

"The team."

We must hide. They think I was snapped and you guys can't be resurrected."

"Where are they?"

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation."

. "I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable."