Chapter 54 - Whatever it Takes: A Sacrifice and A Trip to SHIELD

Meanwhile on Enhanced:

"Come on. I'll mask our presence."

"Thor! What are you doing?!"

"All clear, which way? Oooof!"

"This pretty place is about to get uglified real quick with a bunch of freaking elves"

"You know what, just give me the thing."

"All right. Here's the deal, Tubby: You're gonna charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing and extract the Reality Stone and get gone, lickety-split."

"I can't do this. I can't do this. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't have come. This was a bad idea."

"Come here."

"Come here. Right here."

"You think you're the only one who lost people? What do you think we're doing here? I lost the only family I ever had. Quill, Groot, Drax, the chick with the antenna, all gone. Now, I get you miss your Mom. But she's gone. Really gone. And there are plenty of people who are only kinda gone. But you can help them. So, is it too much to ask that you brush the crumbs outta your beard, make schmoopy talk to Pretty Pants, and when she's not looking, suck out the Infinity Stone and help me get my family back?"

"I feel like losing it."

"Get it together! You can do this. You can do this!"

"I'll knock out the guards. Then you get inside quietly and we be gone from here."

"It's fancy seeing another me in the palace."

"Tell me you didn't do an illusion of you, brother."

"So, um, we can explain but not here."

"Then we better hurry. Unless you future people want to be seen by mother."

"His head was over there and his body over there. I mean, what was the point? I was too late. I was just standing there. Some idiot with an ax."

"Now, you're no idiot. You're here aren't you seeking counsel from the wisest person on Asgard."

"Idiot? No. A failure? Absolutely."

"Oh, dear me. And that makes you all the same to us Thor."

"Thor, the thing is the measure of a person, of a hero is how well they succeed at being who they are."

"I love you mom."

"I love you too. I love you all."

"Get exercise, oaf. It's not good on you. You're best if you're a hunk."

"Oh, sometimes it takes a second."

I'm still worthy."

"What do you even need that for? I have Mjolnir with me you know?"

"Goodbye mom."

"Take care, okay?"

"Take that stone and come back. No messing around."

"Coordinates for Vormir are laid in. All they have to do is not fall out."

"Okay, so uh, we wait around for this 'Quill' guy to show up and he leads us to the power stone, is that it?"