Chapter 35 - Aftermath(I) and Engagement

"Vedis, FRIDAY, sit rep?!", I asked while blasting Sentries

"Vedis, FRIDAY, sit rep?!", I asked while blasting Sentries. "The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch 'em, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow.", FRIDAY says. "The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...", Tony says assessing the underside of the city. "It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating.", Vedis says. "I can cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back.", I suggested. "That could vaporize the city, and everyone on it.", both AI said at the same time.

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?", Cap said after we finished the Sentries. We are now escorting citizens to safe cover. Until we find a way to get them down. I can't portal, I don't have enough power to do so. My daughters are key players here so in will be inefficient to transform them back to their stone form. Their current form has their energy drained. "We have something. You're not going to like it though.", I say to him panting.

"Let's hear it Stark.", he says. "Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear.", Tony said. Steve looks at me and I shrugged. "It's the only thing we can do Cap. And if you're going to suggest to open a portal, I can't do it. Neither can Tessa. We're too drained to open a portal. And I left my sling ring.", I say. Of all days I can forget my sling ring, it's this day.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice.", Stark says. "Cap, these people are going nowhere. If these two finds a way to blow this rock...", Nat starts but she was cut off. "Not 'til everyone's safe.", Steve asks. His pacifism opening again. "Steve, everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there. I'm willing to sacrifice the people here in order to save 7 billion more. I can revive them provided I will be in coma for a year or two.", I say. "I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it.", Steve says stubbornly. "I didn't say we should leave. There're worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?", Nat agrees with me until a goddamn voice was heard.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better.", Fury says as the helicarrier rises beside the city. "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do.", he says. So, he activated Theta Protocol. Thank God Phil was there to oversee it. I couldn't help but to cry in joy about this. "Fury, you fucking son of a bitch.", I say sniffling. "Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?", Fury sarcastically says and I laughed. I see they've upgraded it with lifeboats.

Pietro ran up beside us looking in awe of the helicarrier. "This is SHIELD?", he asked with a thick Sokovian accent. "То је оно што желим да буду.(That's what I want them to be.)", I say to him. "This is not so bad.", he shrugs. "Hey Cap, Nat, Pietro. Let's load them up.", I smirk at them. I sensed Sentries flying to down to the carrier and called it out. "You three go assist the people.", I say flying off the meet the Sentries.

Enhanced (An Avengers Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara