Chapter 15 - Battle of New York

After a while resting, I was energy full and my healing is almost done

After a while resting, I was energy full and my healing is almost done. Nat touched her earpiece and said she copy. I look at her demanding explanation. "Clint's heading for the detention cell. Come on, let's get him back.", she says and offers her hand. I took it and I teleported us behind him. I created a sound barrier around him so he doesn't notice us then dissipated it once we got close enough. I never broke mine though, once Nat brings him down to his knees, I will knock him out. A hand-to-hand fight ensues. Nat makes her way around Clint, making him to drop his bow, but Clint pulls out a knife on her. Natasha kickboxes his face. Feeling that, Clint takes a hook at her, but she grabs his arm, twisting it. Ooof, I can feel that pain. Using his other arm, he tosses the knife over and begins to furiously slash at Nat. She dodges every move, but finds herself in a lock with him.

As he forces the knife down, she bites his wrist so Clint lets go of the knife. I came out of the shadows and hit him hard in the head with a metal pole. He finally goes down, hard. He looks up Nat, almost coming to his real senses. "Nat?", he asks but before he can continue, I hit him again. "Come on help me drag his ass out of here.", I say and we carry him to the med bay. "Agent Coulson is down.", I hear Fury say through the coms of Nat. No, no he can't be dead already. "They called it.", he said. No, no, no, no. Loki's gonna pay for this. "Stark, Rogers, meet me in the briefing room now.", I say through the intercom. "Nat, stay with Barton until he regains his hold of this reality.", I ordered and she nodded and I walked out into the briefing room.

I saw them there sitting with grieving looks. "These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them.", Fury says throwing the cards on the table, bloodied. But those cards aren't with Coulson, it in his locker. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming.", he says solemnly. I know it's fake, he is trying to rally us into getting together as a proper team. "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, Andromeda helped make it, called The Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes.", he said. after a moment of silence Tony stand up and walks off. "Well, it's an old-fashioned notion.", Fury ends. After a while of playing the bloodied card, Steve stands and heads to where Tony is.

"Impressive speech Fury, gotta say that rallied them. It will give them something to avenge.", I say clapping. "And you're not riled up?", he asks me raising an eyebrow. "Meh. If you get to live like me, you are pretty riled up every day. But by what happened today, believe me you would not push me further. I'm genocidal at the moment.", I shrugged. He picks up Coulson's card, especially the one with blood. "Phil is going to be pissed that you've tainted that mint condition cards.", I say smirking. "Sir.", Maria called him. "Agent Hill?", he calls out. "Those cards, they were in Coulson's locker, not in his jacket.", she points out again. "They needed the push, Maria.", I say. The intercom burst into life by that time and I hear Tony suit fly past the carrier. Stark Towers. Of course, it's the arc reactor power source. "They found it. Get our communications back up, whatever you have to do. I want eyes on everything.", Fury says. "Tell them I'll be there; I'm going to get something. If they see something shining don't engage, that's me.", I say and head for the deck.