Chapter 14 - Attack

As we arrived, I ordered Loki to be put in a cell and I went straight to the bridge

As we arrived, I ordered Loki to be put in a cell and I went straight to the bridge. Fury interrogates him while we all watch. "He really grows on you, doesn't he?", Bruce says as I arrive. "He was weirdly apprehensive when I was with him. Maybe Cap is right, he plans to be here.", I say out loud. "We aren't so sure about that but she may have something, Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?", Cap agrees with me and asks Thor, who is just arriving. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract.", the scepter has the same energy though, so why even need the Tesseract? "An army? From outer space?", Steve asks incredulously, which is funny because it's a wholesome day for him. First, meeting an actual God then this, aliens. Thank God I met aliens in '96.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for.", Bruce said. Erik? He too? How many more guys have turned? "Selvig?", Thor asks. "He's an astrophysicist.", Banner said. Pretty sure Asgard don't know what an astrophysicist is. I'm not even sure if Asgard has astrophysics. "He's a friend.", Thor says. Ever since New Mexico, Selvig and his team-Darcy and Jane-have good lives. They became well known in their fields because of SHIELD back-up. "Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours.", Nat said. "I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here.", I question particularly no one. "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him.", Bruce said. "I second to that, did you see his grin? It rivals that of the Cheshire Cat's. Its creepy.", I say shuddering. I get creeped out by the Cheshire Cat's grin. "Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's, my brother.", Thor raised his voice, clearly irritated by those words. God, Asgardians have so much pride. "He killed eighty people in two days.", I say monotonously which caused him to back up. "He's adopted.", he quickly retracts his statement. I choked a laugh masking it as a cough.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?", Bruce asks us when Tony and Phil arrive. "It's a stabilizing agent.", he says. "I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive. Means the portal won't collapse on itself.", he said. "Like it did at SHIELD.", I continued. "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing.", he taps Thor's bulging biceps. Oh hell no. Why did I think of that? "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants.", he continues while going to Fury's controls. "Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did.", he calls out one man. I didn't notice him at all, what's happening to me? Tony covers one eye with his hand while looking around. "How does Fury do this?", he asks Maria. "I stopped asking that question fifteen years after he lost his eye.", I blurted out crossing my arms. "He turns, Tones.", I say. "That's exhausting.", he says nonchalantly turning to us.