Epilogue

"How're you feeling today?" Alex asked, sat beside John and rubbing his arm gently as he parked the car to the cemetery.

John took in a deep breath. "I'm just reliving a lot of memories but I'm alright, baby." He assured.

"Well, that's good." Alexander assured. "It's good that you're remembering."

John nodded softly and leaned over in the seat, giving him a small kiss. "I'll get an Uber home, baby. You should go back and be with the kids. Peggy can only handle them for so long." He laughed softly.

Alex let out a small laugh and nodded. "Are you sure you're alright to be alone?" He asked.

John nodded. "I'll be fine, Lex. I'll be home in a little while." He said, taking the flowers from the back seat, as well as the cleaning supplies.

"Okay, honey. Take as long as you need." Alex said, giving him one more kiss before John got out. "Be safe." He said to Alex as he began to drive, something he always did now.

"Of course, honey. Of course." Alex assured before leaving.

John watched him pull away from the cemetery and swallowed hard. He carried his items to the spot he had engraved in his mind forever.

"Hey, Francis." John smiled as he sat in front of the grave, just staring at it for a moment before he got his cleaning supplies out.

"I know it's been a while. I've just been... super busy. I know that isn't an excuse but I just..." John sighed. "I should've made it out here sooner."

John began to clean the head stone gently. "Alex and I had a daughter. She's one of the reasons I've just been really busy. We named her Frances- after you."

"She's precious and I just... I love her and Philip so much." John shook his head, wiping the stone a bit harder.

"Alex and I- were good. It's almost our fourth wedding anniversary." John explained with a soft laugh.

"We didn't even start dating until almost two years after you passed. I just... I was so sad." John wiped the dates on the stone.

"Eight years... god, I can't believe it's been so long since I've last seen you. I miss you. You are still the best man I've ever met."

"I know we were messy and I know that was my fault. I messed us up a lot. But we were meant to be together. You were my soulmate. I loved you in a special way and I still do miss you. I'll always miss you."

"I love Alexander and I'm so happy we are together. But I still think of you everyday. And I'll never stop."

John finished his cleaning and sighed softly, grabbing the flowers. "I got your favorites." He laughed softly and took them out, laying them down.

John chatted with the grave stone for a while- a few hours actually.

"Well, I have to get home." John said, standing up and wiping off his pants. "Alex is with the kids and I've left him alone for a little too long." He laughed softly.

"I'll be back to visit soon. I won't stay away too long." John said before bringing his fingers to his lips and then putting them on the grave stone.

"I'll never stop loving you." He said, staying there for a moment before grabbing the things he had brought, besides the flowers, and leaving the graveyard.

John called an Uber and began his ride home, sighing and leaning on the window. Once home, he went through the door and put his things down.

"There's my wonderful husband." Alex smiled when he saw John entire the home. He went to him and cupped both of his cheek before giving him a kiss.

John smiled into the kiss before Alex pulled away. "You okay?" Alex asked, picking some stubble off of John's shirt.

John nodded gently, giving a soft smile to his husband. "Yeah, honey. I'm alright." He assured before kissing him one more time.

"Is it my turn to make dinner?" John asked after the parted. "Uh... yeah, it is." Alex lied.

John laughed. "You're lying to me cause you don't wanna cook." He pointed out, grabbing a water from the fridge.

"How'd you know?" Alex asked, smiling dumbly.

"Babe, we've been friends since highschool. It's so easy to know when you lie." John laughed.

"Well, Pip wants to help cook and I always burn everything so it's probably for the best if you do." Alex explained.

John rolled his eyes and leaned over the counter, pecking his lips. "Fine."

Philip then walked in, carrying their baby, Frances.

"Hey, diaper change." Philip said. "I got it!" Alex said.

"Well if I'm doing your dinner tonight, I'd hope so." John laughed softly as Alex flipped him off while he took the baby from Philip and went to the nursery.

"Hey, Pip." John smiled and kissed his step sons head. "How was your moms?" He asked.

After Philip turned about seven, Alex started to allow him to see spend time with his mom alone on weekends because she had gained his trust.

"It was good. We went out for lunch and then we went bowling." Philip shrugged, eating a baby carrot.

"That's nice. I'm glad you two had fun." John smiled and opened the vegan cook book they had.

"What are you making?" Philip asked, peering over the counter to look at the cook book.

"I'm thinking eggplant parm. With vegan sauce and cheese." John said.

"Yeah, sounds good- dads not gonna eat it though." Philip pointed out.

John sighed and nodded. "I know. It's hard to get him to eat anything but grilled cheese and pizza."

Philip laughed and nodded.

"You guys talkin shit about me?" Alex asked with a laugh, carrying the nine month baby on his hip.

"Mhm, we are." John admitted, going over to him and Frances. "Let me hold my baby." He said, taking Frances and covering her face in kisses. He then kissed Alexander and Philip's head.

Even if he did still miss Francis and love his lost lover, he was happy with where he was right now.