6.

Alex laid with Eliza, rubbing her stomach gently.

To say Alex was excited was an understatement. He had been wanting a baby for a long time and now he got one.

Alex did want to end things with Eliza but now that she was carrying his kid, that wouldn't happen. He wouldn't dare allow himself to become anything like his father.

"You're really excited." Eliza laughed softly, currently in a good mood. "Yeah, I am. I can't wait for our sweet baby to come." Alex smiled and kissed her stomach.

Eliza smiled, running her fingers through Alexander's hair. "Do you want a boy or a girl?" She asked.

"A girl. A beautiful little girl." Alex said, kissing her stomach more. "Though I'd love them no matter what gender they are."

"I want a boy." Eliza laughed. "A little boy named Philip. Philip James Hamilton. And if it is a girl, I wanna name her Frances. Frances Juliet Hamilton."

"I think those names are perfect." Alex sat up and pecked her lips. "I love you."

"I love you more." Eliza smiled.

The two of them sat there like that for a while in complete silence before Alex had to go to work.

"Do you have to go?" Eliza said, pouting a bit. "Yes, love. I do. We have a family to provide for."

"Yeah, I guess we do." Eliza said, rubbing his cheek.

Alex smiled a bit and gave her a kiss on the lips before leaving, sighing happily.

When things were good, Alex tended to forget about the bad. So these rare moments with Eliza keep Alex holding on. Because there are good times.

Yet there were still times Alex didn't want to come home. He would ask someone to house him for a couple nights because Eliza genuinely terrified Alex at times.

Alex went to work, smiling happily which wasn't super common now. He grabbed his phone when he heard it vibrate, smiling at the contact.

"What's up, John?" Alex hummed, stopping his typing on his computer.

"Hey- just wanted to check up on you. It's been like a week." John said, leaning back on his couch.

"Yeah- sorry, I've just been busy with Eliza and I'm trying not to fight with her so much cause I don't want her to stress." Alex laughed softly.

"Oh, okay. I was just getting worried." John chewed on his lip. "How're you, John?" Alex asked. "You seem off."

"I'm fine." John assured. "I actually started seeing Francis again." He said.

Alexander made a disgusted face. "Why? He was an ass." He mumbled.

"He's sweet." John mumbled, shrugging a bit even if Alex couldn't see. "John- you didn't even like him-" Alex started before getting cut off.

"That's not true. I actually really did like and care for him." John corrected. "I know you don't like him but I know he's a good man. He's better than Eliza-" he said.

"Don't bring up Eliza like that. She's just... I don't know dealing with shit." Alex mumbled.

"Dealing with shit doesn't give her a right to hit her husband or mentally abuse you." John deadpanned.

"I'm not being abused."

"Yes, you very much so are." John said. "I see this all the time at work- people come in with scares on their body from cases of abuse, Alex. You are being abused and I know you are excited for this kid and I know you've always wanted to be a father but she's hurting you terribly. And who is to say she won't hurt that kid? Who knows whether she will blow up and hurt your son or daughter? You promised you were going to divorce her and it's nothing healthy for you to stay with her."

"You don't understand, John." Alex mumbled, swallowing hard.

"You're right, I don't understand. I'm just worried about you. You're quite frankly one of the only three people I actually care about in this world and it isn't nice to see you being abused the way you are." John told him.

"I gotta go." Alex said quickly, not wanting to have this conversation anymore.

"Wait- I'm sorry." John said.

"It's fine- I just need to work. Bye." Alex said before hanging up and breathing a bit heavy. He ran his fingers through his hair and tried to calm himself a bit before he had a panic attack.

He got back to work once he felt okay again. He worked on his case.

John sighed softly after Alex hung up. He knew he shouldn't have blown up on him like that. He knew that was wrong so he felt absolutely terrible now.

He knew he needed to do something as an apology, though he didn't expect to be forgiven. John was just really worried for Alexander's safety.

John went into the kitchen and started making Alexander some of his moms cookies. He knew Alex loved them and would appreciate John making him and entire batch.

"Hey, baby." John said as Francis walked through the door after work. "How was work?"

"Hey, honey." Francis said, going and giving John a kiss on the cheek. "It was okay. As okay as it can be working with a bunch of teenagers." He laughed softly.

"What are you making?" He asked. "Cookies. I upset Alexander earlier and I don't know, he loves my moms cookies so I'm making him some." John shrugged.

"Are you staying the night?" John asked. "Do you want me to?" Frances asked in return. "It doesn't matter. I don't work tonight though." John hummed a bit.

"Well then I think I should." Francis hummed, kissing John's neck a bit. "We can get pizza for dinner and watch movies, yeah?"

John smiled a bit and nodded. "Yeah, that sounds fun." He agreed