3.

"Eliza! What the fuck!" Alex said, covering his face the his hands as she hit him the the iron pan.

"I told you to clean this!" Eliza said as she hit his ribs.

"Eliza! That hurts! Stop!" Alex exclaimed. "That's how it's supposed to feel!" Eliza scoffed, continuing to beat her husband with the pan before stopping and throwing the pan in the sink and walking away to their room.

"Jesus fucking Christ-" Alex muttered, holding his side a bit from the pain of the pan. He went to the couch and sat down, taking his phone out.

He pressed John's contact and held the phone to his ear. After a couple rings, John answered.

"Hey, Alex." John said softly, washing his hands from the cookie dough from his hands. He didn't care for baking but he did promise Martha he would bring her some cookies using his moms old recipe.

"Hey." Alex smiled a bit. "Do you work tonight?" He asked. "I do. But you can stay if you need to." John assured, wiping his hands with the hand towel.

"I do need to. When do you go in?" Alex asked. "Not until midnight." John assured. "Do you need me to come get you or are you alright to drive?"

"I'm alright to drive. I'll be there in a bit."

"Okay, be safe, Lex." John said before hanging up and returning to his baking.

John's heart pounded a bit as Alexander knocked on the door and he was quick to go and open it.

"Hey, Alex." John said with a smile.

"Hey." Alex smiled, though it wasn't a very good smile since he was still in pain.

"What's wrong?" John asked, helping Alex in and on the couch when he noticed he didn't seem his usual self.

"Eliza just beat me with a frying pan so I'm in a bit of pain." Alex explained.

"Alex- she beat you with a frying pan? That's not okay at all." John mumbled, sitting next to Alex and looking at him.

"I know it's not." Alex mumbled, wincing a bit. "Here, I'll take a look at it." John assured, leaning Alex back and pulling up his shirt. "This may hurt a bit..." he mumbled. "Tell me when it's too much, okay?"

Alex nodded softly. "I will." He promised. John nodded and pressed a bit on Alexander's ribs and torso to get a feel if he needed care of just an ice pack.

"Okay, luckily, you just need an ice pack. You're gonna bruise but they will go away." John said, pulling Alex's shirt back down. "Even if you got lucky this time doesn't mean you won't come over with a fractured rib the next. This isn't okay, Alex."

"I know." Alex sighed and leaned back. "I need to divorce her."

"Yeah, you should." John agreed, chewing a bit on his cheek. "Can I stay the night?" Alex asked.

"Of course. I made cookies." John told him, standing up. "Ooo, moms recipe?" Alex asked, standing up and going to the kitchen with John, who handed him a cookie.

"Mhm. The only kind I ever make." John laughed as Alex practically shoved the cookie down his throat.

"God- this is like the perfect cookies ever. I would fuck your mom for this recipe." Alex said.

"Please don't fuck my mom-" John said, cringing a bit.

"I already tried in high school. She wasn't into me. Which sucks cause she's a total milf." Alex laughed.

"Okay, okay, enough of this conversation-" John said, moving away and getting some water. Alex couldn't help but laugh.

John rolled his eyes playfully and began making the rest of the batch. "Don't eat them all. I made these for Martha." He explained. "Aww can't you make some more for me?" Alex barred his eyelashes playfully.

"No, I have to get ready for work after this. But, if you're still here after I wake up tomorrow afternoon, I'll make you some." John promised with a smile.

"Okay, deal, I guess." Alex said, eating another cookie. "Wanna watch law and order?" Alex asked.

"Sure. I'll be there in a minute." John said. Alex nodded and turned to walk to the living room.

"Hey, Alex?" John asked, stopping to turn and talk to Alex for a moment.

"Yeah, John?" Alex asked.

"Did you mean what you said? About thinking about divorcing Eliza?" John asked, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

Alex nodded a bit. "I think I need to." He said. "Do you think it's a good idea?"

John shrugged a bit. "I don't think she's healthy for you. And it's obvious you love her but she acts like you're just a trophy or something she can rub in everyone's face and then throw you out the second she's done with you." He explained.

"So you think I should?" Alex asked.

"I can't make that decision for you. It's up to you and my opinion on the situation doesn't matter." John explained. "But yes, I think you should."

Alex nodded softly. "Thank you." He said before turning to walk back into the living room. "Alex?" John stopped him again.

In all honesty, John didn't know why he stopped him. Actually, he did know. He had the feeling of wanting to tell Alex everything. He wanted to tell him of those forever lasting feelings and how he has tried and failed everytime to get over him.

But John quickly came to his senses. He knew that wasn't allowed. Even if Alex had said he may get a divorce, he was still a married man. And John wouldn't allow himself to mess that up. Or even have the chance to mess up his friendship.

"Yes, John?" Alex asked, turning back to John.

"Just- make sure you turn on Special Victims Unit." John smiled.

Alexander laughed softly. "Of course. What else would I turn on?" He said before walking into the living room and sitting on the couch, turning on the show.