25.

The distance between Alexander and John seemed way to large for either of them to enjoy.

In the past, the two would make plans to hang out a minimum of once a week.

After the baby and all the words shared by Francis to Alex, those hang out became less frequent. Only really once or twice a month, to be exact.

It was very upsetting for the both of them.

John did, however, get both Alexander and Philip gifts for Hanukkah. And he even came over for a few of the nights. It wasn't the same though.

On Alexander's birthday, they hung out with their group of friends at a bar. Alex got hella drunk and John got a bit tipsy. He didn't want to over drink and end up messing things up more. Alex had hit on him a lot that night but John declined and wouldn't allow himself to let anything else happen. He didn't want anything else to happen.

John and Francis were good- great, even. They talked about their feelings more and Francis really did trust John again.

Sometimes, however, Francis would get a bit insecure. He'd worry that John was cheating on him again. When John would have to calm Francis down and help him realize that he really wasn't, it broke him. He hated that he instilled that fear into his love.

It was now July of the next year. The wedding was in a few weeks and John was very stressed about it.

He sat on the couch, looking at photos of a few more unneeded decorations, biting his lip.

"Baby, what are you doing?" Francis asked with a laugh, sitting beside him on the floor.

"Just looking- I mean, won't these go so beautiful with the table centerpieces?" He said, showing Francis the table cloth.

"Honey, we already have table cloths. We don't need anymore." Francis said, taking the picture from John's hand and moving it away.

"But those look better." John explained. "Like- here." He pulled out the book on wedding decor. "This is the center piece and this is the cloth we currently have. It's alright but it isn't the best. Now if we get this one, it's even better." He said, showing the new one again.

"John, we don't need to buy anything else. We've spent enough money and now our job is to relax." Francis got up and sat on the couch behind John, placing his hands on his shoulder and giving him a massage.

"It's gonna be perfect, alright? Two more weeks and we will officially be married. We will be together for as long as we both shall live." Francis said, bending down and putting a couple of sweet kisses on John's neck to calm him down.

John closed his eyes, leaning back into his lover. "You're right. Two weeks and I'm marrying the love of my life." He smiled softly.

Francis nodded, continuing his movements for a few minutes before stopping. "Now." He said, moving the books and magazines off of the coffee table and putting them in the drawer of the table beside the couch. "Stop looking at those. Our weddings going to be perfect. And you wanna know why?" He asked, helping John up from his spot and taking his hands, running his thumbs over his knuckles gently.

"Why?" John asked, smiling softly in delight.

"Because I'm marrying you. And even if the rest of the world is in chaos, that's perfect." Francis smiled to him.

John closed his eyes, letting out a breathless laugh before connecting their lips gently. Francis kissed back, though only allowing the moment to continue for a moment, much to John's protest.

"Shh." Francis laughed softly. "I love you more than anything John Laurens." He told him.

"And I love you more, Francis Kinloch." John smiled sweetly, giving his fiancé one last kiss.

Alex laughed softly at his child, trying to get him to stand up on his own.

"Come on, Pip! You got it!" Alex smiled, letting the baby hold on to his fingers.

Philip squealed and walked while holding onto his fathers fingers, giggling since he found it hilarious.

That was, until he fell on his butt. He quickly went from giggling to sobbing.

"Oh baby!" Alexander picked up his baby, holding him close to his chest. He gently rubbed his butt through the diaper and kissed his head.

"You're alright, baby boy. Dada's got you." Alex promised, kissing his head a few more times and gently bouncing his baby.

Philip was Alexander's entire world. And it was obvious to everyone. His entire camera roll was taken of pictures of the baby. His apartment was always messy because Philip was always playing.

He had even switched to working for home so he could spend more time with his boy.

Philip calmed down and Alex gave him his pacifier to suck on. He then sat him in his bouncer toy that sat in the doorway of Alexander's office. He put him in and strapped him up.

Philip immediately squealed a lit up before beginning to jump up and down with the help of the bouncer.

Alexander couldn't help but laugh and smile, getting a video of his baby and sending it to Eliza. He still kept in contact with her and he allowed her to visit Philip, as long as Alexander was in the room as well as another person, just for safety reason.

He didn't want Philip to grow up and question who his mother was or anything and when he felt like Philip was old enough, he would tell him that Eliza was his mother and why she wasn't in the picture.

"Dada dada!" Philip sang and squealed as he bounced. "What, baby boy? Are you calling dada?" Alex laughed and bent down to the height of the bouncer.

Philip stopped bouncing and hit the side, letting Alex know he wanted out so he picked him up. He went to the living room and started to sway with Philip, knowing he was tired from all his jumping around.

Philip fell asleep after just a few moments and Alex continued to hold his ten month old baby, never wanting to let go.