4.

"Eliza? Honey, you okay?" Alex asked, bending down beside her on the toilet, rubbing her back.

"I feel so sick." Eliza mumbled, grabbing the toilet paper and wiping the little bit of throw up from around her mouth.

The morning sun was shining in through the sheer curtains Eliza insisted would look perfect in their bathroom. Alex was squinting a bit because as beautiful as it was, it still hurt.

"Do you need to go to the doctor?" Alex asked, a little worried for his wife. Even if they fought a lot, Alex really did love and care for the woman.

"No, I'll be fine." Eliza assured, standing up and brushing her teeth. Alex nodded softly and got up as well, cleaning off the toilet seat from where Eliza had missed with her vomit.

"Alexander-" Eliza huffed. "I asked you to start closing the fucking toothpaste after you use it! Now I have more shit to clean cause it's all over the counter."

Alex sighed softly. "Sorry, Eliza." He mumbled, leaving the bathroom to go get ready for work.

"Don't 'Sorry, Eliza' me! You never do shit around here! Then you act all annoyed and sigh when I get mad at you! You're lazy! You're a lazy shit head!" Eliza exclaimed.

Alexander scoffed a bit. "Yeah, okay." He rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"What do you mean by that!? All you ever do is sit on your ass in an office all day and then get pissed when I get annoyed and leave to go slut it up with other people! How do you think I feel that my husband cheats on me!?" Eliza exclaimed.

"I have never and will never cheat on you! Jesus fucking Christ Eliza!" Alexander exclaimed, getting frustrated.

"Yes you do! Yes you do! Why else would you go hide off in your office all day and then leave me alone at night?" Eliza said, crossing her arms.

"Cause you're a crazy bitch who hits me and tells me I'm a terrible person!" Alexander exclaimed.

Eliza slapped Alex hella hard after that.

Alex looked at Eliza and shook his head, grabbing his work clothes and beginning to walk down the stairs to the door.

"Where do you think you're going!?" Eliza followed closely. "To work!" Alex exclaimed before walking out of the house, slamming the door a bit and going to his car, throwing the clothes in the back and yelling loudly before driving off.

Alex called John, needing to rant to someone and John was usually the only one who listened without making fun of Alex for letting himself be hit by a woman.

"Hey, what's up?" John yawned a bit as he answered the phone.

"Shit- did I wake you?" Alex asked. "No, I haven't gone to sleep year. I'm just eating some dinner before bed." John explained.

"It's seven in the morning. I wouldn't call that dinner." Alex laughed.

"I just got off of work. It's dinner." John laughed tiredly. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Liz just blew up at me again." Alex sighed and leaned back in his car seat. "I didn't close the toothpaste-"

"I thought you fought about this a couple weeks ago?" John said, laying his head on the counter and lazily munching on his macaroni and cheese.

"We did- I just forgot again last night and she woke up sick so she was already in a pissy mood and that made it worse. Then she called me lazy and said I never do anything when I literally work all day- and actually work. I don't just sit in an office and watch Netflix all day like she seems to think. And she always thinks I'm cheating on her when I'm not! I've never done anything like that or even thought about that." Alexander said, which was truthful. He never even had a thought of cheating on Eliza.

"I thought you were gonna file for divorce?" John asked.

"I want to but I love her. As much as she makes me want to leave her, I still love her." Alex sighed.

"Well, she's very very bad for you. You shouldn't be married to someone who hits you. It's abusive." John said.

"It's not abusive. I could hurt her if I wanted to. I just don't want to." Alex explained.

"That doesn't make it not abuse." John mumbled tiredly.

"You sound tired. I don't want to keep you up." Alex said.

"Don't worry about it. I don't work tonight so I'm fine." John mumbled, lazily putting more of the Mac and cheese in his mouth.

"You really think I should divorce her?" Alex said after a moment.

"Mhm. She treats you terribly. You deserve better. Someone who will treat you like the king you are. Someone who will love you through every annoying thing you do and not scream at you for everything." John said.

Alexander nodded softly. "Yeah... you're right. I'll tell her I want a divorce tonight."

John couldn't help but smile a bit. "Good. She doesn't deserve you."

They parted ways after a few more moments and Alex went to work, dreading for when he went home.

"What's a good food to have dinner over when you wanna tell your wife you want to end things..." Alex mumbled to himself.

"KFC- definitely KFC." Alex agreed with himself and drove there, picking up dinner before going home.

"Liz! I brought dinner home!" Alexander called, setting the food on the kitchen counter and looking around for his wife.

"Liz?" He asked, walking upstairs and hearing noises in the bathroom.

"Eliza?" Alex asked, knocking on the bathroom door. There was some shuffling before Eliza walked out. "Hey, honey. Sorry about this morning but look... I got some news to talk to you about." Eliza said with an unreadable expression.

"Yeah- so do I." Alex nodded. "Okay, let's sit down. I'll go first." Eliza said, moving Alex gently so he was sitting on the bed.

Alex nodded softly and looked up at Eliza when he sat down. "What is it?" He asked.

Eliza pulled out the pregnancy test from behind her back.

"I'm pregnant."