2.

I'm so excited about this book. I literally love this so much and I can't wait for you guys to read it all =p

"Alexander- where have you been?" Eliza asked asked Alex walked through the door the next morning.

"I was at John's." Alexander mumbled, slipping his shoes off since Eliza didn't like wearing them in the house. He understood why but he didn't get her making him take them off when he could just walk upstairs and take them off.

"You know I don't like you hanging out with him- especially spending the night with him." Eliza muttered, flipping through her magazine while she laid on the couch.

"Yeah, well, he's my best friend." Alex sighed. "I gotta get ready for work."

Eliza scoffed. "So you're going to leave me here alone again?!" She said, turning to face Alex and setting her magazine down.

"Yeah- Eliza, I need to work." Alex said, crossing his arms.

"Fine- go ahead and leave. Go have sex with other people. I don't care." Eliza said hurtfully, turning around and going back to her magazine.

Alex furrowed his eyebrows. He was greatly confused. He had never cheated on Eliza nor had he even thought about cheating on her.

"What are you talking about- Liz, I'd never do that!" Alexander exclaimed.

"You're a dirty pig! You give women looks and you're probably having lots of sex with that whore you call your best friend-" Eliza started.

"Hey- stop calling John that. He's never done anything to you."

Eliza gasped dramatically. "Like hell he hasn't! He's been trying to tear us apart since we got together! He's obsessed with you!"

"You need to get this jealous under control, Eliza. John and I have never and will never do anything. He is not trying to break us up- if anything, you are!" Alexander exclaimed.

"No I am not! I'm the only one in this relationship who is working to keep it good!" Eliza exclaimed.

"That's a big ass lie! You ruined our relationship! You constantly bicker at me for everything and start fights over nothing! You cause fights and tell me how terrible of a husband I am! You're terrible, Eliza!" Alexander defended himself.

Eliza stayed silent and got up, putting her magazine down before walking over to Alex.

Alex looked terrified now. He swallowed hard and watching Eliza closely, balling his fist a bit. He would never actually hit Eliza. He couldn't even imagine himself doing that.

He didn't know what he expected to happen but Eliza pulling his face down into a hot, deep, and messy kiss.

It was clear where this was going but Alex hesitated before putting his hands on his wives waist and pulling her closer. He moaned in her mouth before she moved away.

"Bedroom." She said to which Alex nodded and quickly left with her there.

John yawned a bit as he got in the elevator at work. Two am was always the worst hours of his shifts. There was never any telling how busy they would be, since it was an ER.

But John needed a break. Sometimes, when he felt that way, he would sneak up to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit so he could see all the new born babies.

John really did want a child. He wanted a family but anytime he thought he would get over Alex and find someone nice, he fell back to square one where he was longing the touch of his best friend. He would wish for their lips to touch and to wake up holding Alex in his arms.

But Alex was married and John knew that. And even if John longed for those feelings, he knew he could never reach for them.

"You know you're not supposed to be up here." Martha laughed, standing next to John.

"Yeah, I know." John laughed softly. "I just like coming up here." He said.

"I know you do." Martha smiled. The two had met while in med school together. Martha specialized in prenatal care while John was an ER doctor so she would let him sneak up there from time to time.

"I want a family." John mumbled, watching the baby in the front yawn. He couldn't help but smile a bit.

"What's stopping you?" Martha asked.

John shrugged. "I'm alone. I wouldn't be able to have a kid right now. Not with the hours I work and just... I don't know, I want to give a kid the best life I can. And I know it will only be that way if I wait." He said softly.

"You're going to be an amazing father when the time is right." Martha smiled, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

John smiled and shrugged. "I hope so." He sighed before his pager went off. "Oh- I'm being called." He mumbled, moving and kissing Martha's cheek. "I'll text you later, yeah?" He said.

"Yeah, Johnny." Martha laughed and patted his cheek before he smiled and left. That was basically their way of saying that they would call each other after work and one would come over to the others place and they would watch chick flicks while crying into bowls of ice cream and cookies.

That was just the way their friend ship was. Martha and John had almost immediately become friends. They were talking shit about the other kids in the class and started hanging out. They just never stopped.

Martha was the only one John had told about Alex. She was very understanding over it. She explained to John how it wasn't bad and she helped him try to move on- though John never seemed to move on for long as it would take two weeks for Martha to get a crying phone call from John about his friend.

"Francis texted me last night. I think he was drunk." John said softly, sitting on Martha's couch as legally blonde played in the background and she rubbed a face mask on John's face.

"What about?" Martha asked, continuing to rub the mask on John's face. One thing that she absolutely loved about John was how well he took care of his skin. Ever since middle school, John had a list of products he would use to get rid of blemishing and acne. His skin was smooth and fantastic.

"He was just asking if we could talk. Like go out for coffee and talk about what happened." John shrugged a bit. "Do you think you will?" Martha asked.

John shrugged again. "I mean- I want to. Francis was... he was so sweet and patient and he liked doing more than sex. We would watch movies together and he would cook with me. And he'd surprise me with gifts and shit." John moved when she finished the mask, beginning to put the other clay one on her. "But I messed it up. I really did like him... I just couldn't fall in love with him. I just wasn't able to and I feel terrible about it because he was perfect."

"Do you wanna give him a second chance?" Martha asked, enjoying John rubbing the relaxation mask on her cheeks. "I don't know. He's a good man- he deserves a great relationship with someone who will care for him and someone he loves. And I wish I would be that person. I want to love him, I do. But I just can't. I don't know- maybe it just wasn't long enough." John sighed.

"Well, Johnny, you need to just do what you feel is best."

"I don't know what's best." John explained, finishing the mask.

"You know. Just close your eyes and relax. It'll be fine." Martha assured