24.

I love Francis sm

Francis sighed as he knocked on Alexander door, fiddling with the bracelet on his wrist a bit.

It had been a few days since John's visit but John wasn't with Francis. He was sleeping from his long shift.

Francis had tried to keep his cool with Alexander, he really had, but when John had come home crying and upset, Francis couldn't handle it any longer.

Alexander jumped a bit at the knock, not expecting guest. He closed the folder he was reading for a new client he had taken up at work. He put the file on the coffee table and went to the door, a bit surprised at the man who was standing there.

"Hey, Francis..." Alex mumbled. "What are you doing here?" He asked, since him and Francis hardly ever had conversations and only hung out if John was with them.

"We need to talk- I can't keep quiet any longer." Francis said. "Can I come in?" He asked

Alex swallowed hard, honestly a bit intimidated by this conversation. He allowed Francis in. "I- uh, you're welcome on the couch. Philip won't wake up for at least another thirty minutes." He said softly, closing the door and sitting on the other side of the couch, putting quite a bit of space between the two of them.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Francis asked immediately, looking annoyed and nerved at the same time.

"I-I don't-"

"Yeah you do. Don't even try to lie to me. You've hated me from the moment John introduced us to each other. You call me dense and you say John should dump me. You say I'm a terrible person when I've never done anything to you! We hardly know each other and all you seem to do is try and get my boyfriend to break up with me."

Alex gulped hard. "He wanted me first." he tried to defend himself.

"Yes! I know! I am well aware that he wanted you first. But you didn't want him. And when you finally did, he was with me and you allowed him to cheat on me- you allowed him to cheat on me when Eliza cheated on you and that was the big straw that got you to leave!"

"Then why didn't you leave him after finding out!? Why are you still with him?!" Alex asked, getting upset and annoyed.

"Because I love him! Because I now how lucky I am to have him and I don't want you to try and ruin it!" Francis said, annoyed, hurt, and frustrated.

"Maybe I should've left him. But I know that you two only did it once. And I know- I know for a fact- that you kept trying to get him to do it again when he didn't want to. Do you know how fucked up that is?!"

"You get in his head and you make him question his feelings! You try and get him to break up with me when you know he's happy! You know he loves me-"

"Well I love him!" Alexander interrupted, balling his fist in anger. "I love him and I want him to be mine! I've been with him through everything! We've been friends since freshman year and our relationship is not comparable to the mess you and him have!" He started to yell.

"But you lost your chance! You took too long to get your shit together and he moved on to me!"

"He clearly didn't love you enough! He cheated on you!" Alex stated, throwing his arms up.

Francis clenched his jaw and balled his fist. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, not wanting to get too angry, but really, he was far past that point.

"I am well aware that John wasn't in love with me when you two slept together. But he has told both of us how it was a mistake and that he's now in love with me." Francis said, getting more and more upset with this. He didn't want to be here any longer.

"I can't- I need to leave. Just please, for the love of God, stop telling John that I don't matter and stop trying to convince him that it's okay for you guys to sleep together. It's not right, especially when he comes home, crying because of the way you talk to him." Francis said. "You talk a lot of shit and say I'm bad for John when you're the one who upsets him constantly." He said, standing up.

He left, not even letting Alexander get a word out. He was upset and ready to go home and hold his fiance.

Francis sniffled a bit, wiping his eyes in frustration as he drove home to his and John's apartment. He put his keys away when he entered the living room, glad John was still sleeping peacefully from his long shift the night before. Francis moved and climbed into the bed, breathing in John's scent as he wrapped his arms around him.

They still weren't completely okay again. They were still going to therapy and working out their problems but they were much better than before. And this was the first times in weeks they had shared a bed and Francis held his soon to be husband.

John stirred a bit in his sleep from the new worth beside him and the arms squeezing him just the perfect about.

"Mmm, Francis?" John asked tiredly, opening his eyes a bit to look at his lover. Part of his heart fluttered a bit when he realized he was being held again by his fiance.

"Yes, baby?" Francis asked, gently rubbing his back.

John swallowed hard, shaking his head. He didn't want to ruin this moment, as he had been waiting for Francis to forgive him and this was definitely a start.

"I just love you." John said tiredly, hiding his face in Francis's neck and closing his eyes to go bac to sleep.

"I love you too. So much." Francis said, kissing the top of John's head as his husband to be drifted back to sleep.