13.

"So what happened?" John asked.

It had been about an hour and the two men had moved from the floor to the couch. Alex was leaned on John. They both had a cup of coffee in their hands and the sounds of the city were flowing through the apartment. They were quiet, other than John whispered sweet things to get Alex to calm down enough to stop crying.

"My case didn't last long in court today so after I finished, I decided to go home and spend time with Eliza. I went and brought her flowers and some food from the Chinese restaurant we both love." Alex started, sniffling a bit and looking down at his cup.

"So I came home early and there was this car in the drive way. I didn't think anything of it. I mean, she has friends so I'm not going to immediately think something was happening. So I go to the house and I just... Eliza is moaning loudly from our bedroom and someone else was there- some other man moaning with her." Alex started to cry softly again, the whole situation making him super emotional.

"I just put the flowers and food down and came here. I'm so heartbroken." Alex sobbed softly again, putting his weight on John.

"Oh, Lexi..." John frowned, holding Alex close to his chest. "I've got you. You're okay." He whispered, holding him tightly.

Alex sobbed loudly and John held him close, resting his chin on his head. "I don't even know how long it's been going on!" He cried. "I loved her so much! I can't believe she'd do this to me!"

John held him closer, if possible. "What if- what if the baby isn't even mine!? Oh my god- oh my god." Alex was started to panic, his breathing hitching.

"Hey, hey, Lex, take deep breaths. We will figure this out, okay? I'm gonna make sure it's all okay, alright?" John promised, holding the boy he loved close.

Alex nodded and tried to take deep breaths, following John's instructions. He eventually did calm down, going from sobbing to just crying softly.

"You're gonna stay here for a while, okay?" John said, cupping Alexander's face and wiping his tears with his thumbs. "As long as you need."

Alex nodded softly and whimpered a bit, laying his head on John's shoulder and hiding his face in his neck.

John let out a deep breath, holding Alex and rubbing his shoulder gently. If John was being honest, this was making him remember how in love he was with Alexander.

Alexander fell asleep, tired from crying. John laid him on the bed and covered him with a blanket.

He saw a text on Alexander's phone as well as several missed calls from Eliza. Alexander's phone was still on silent from court. John didn't read the text or call her back, not wanting to get involved with the drama. He took Alexander's phone and put it on the charger. He also got out some comfy close for Alexander to wear, since he was still in his suit for court.

John then cleaned up a bit, staying quiet so Alexander could sleep peacefully. Around eleven thirty, John took his phone to call Francis during his lunch break.

"Hey!" Francis smiled through the phone and John could hear it. "I miss you." He said.

"You saw me this morning- you saw a lot of me this morning." John laughed quietly through the phone, leaning on the doorway of his bedroom.

"Yeah, I did. It was very fun." Francis said with a laugh. "You ready for our date tonight?" Francis hummed through the phone, eating his vegetarian burger.

"I- uh- I actually think we should rain check that date. Alexander just got some really bad news and he's gonna be staying here a bit so I don't want him to third wheel or feel worse, ya know?" John said, biting his lip.

"Well, that's alright, baby. Just let me know, okay? I'll doordash you guys some food tonight so you won't have to worry about it." Francis said sweetly. Of course, Francis was slightly jealous but he trusted John. He trusted he wouldn't do anything to hurt Francis.

John smiled softly. "Thank you." He said quietly. "I love you. And I'll make it up to you as soon as I can. I promise." He assured.

"I love you too. And you don't need to do that. Just focus on making sure Alex is okay." Francis swallowed hard for a moment.

"Okay, baby. I'll see you later." John said.

"Bye, honey." Francis said before hanging up the phone. John sighed softly and put his phone away. He was very tired since he was woken by Alexander coming over.

He laid down on his bed, knowing he could get a little bit of time before Alex woke up. He laid down on his side and let out a deep breath. He was almost asleep before he felt someone enter the room and lay down next to him.

John opened his eyes and say Alex, looking both sad and tired. "What's up, Lex?" He mumbled tiredly.

"I wanted to lay down with you." Alex mumbled back, wrapping his arms around John and hiding his face in his neck.

John woke up a bit at Alexander's touch. He let out a shaky breath before wrapping his arms back around Alex, holding him gently. He moved his arm after a moment and pulled the blanket on top of the both of them before closing his eyes and going to sleep with Alex in his arms.