Bug

One week later and we were still in that prison. Me and hiccup were playing a game.

"Green."

"Fruit." We say at the same time. The game is just saying words that relate to both of our previous words until we get the same thing.

"Ok. Three two one... grapes."

"Lime.... why would you say grapes!?Lime is the obvious answer." He says.

"What! Grapes are green."

"No. Grapes are purple."

"Pffff grapes can be green too."

"Whatever."

"Start over?"

"Sure. Three two one... food."hiccup starts again

"Book." I say with him.

"Hmmm. Ok I got one. Three two one... recipe."

"Cook book." I say. "Dammit. I was thinking recipe but decided to say cookbook."

He chuckled at me and we kept playing our game. We had come up with a few games to distract ourselves. I wondered how the others were doing. We hadn't really talked to anyone outside of each other. Thank the gods hiccup was here or I would go insane. The guards came in with food once a day. They only ever gave us a bowl of cold soup and a piece of stale bread and I knew that we would be malnourished if we stayed to much longer. It was hard to move or get a good night sleep in a small cell. And it was even harder to stay entertained. We stopped the game and sat in silence for a while.

I heard hiccup shuffle around. He was probably pacing like he usually did when he was thinking. I could imagine his hand on his chin and his other hand in his hip which made me laugh a bit. We had been trying to figure a way out of here but with the materials and the information we were given, we couldn't do much.

Sometimes, I would think of what it would be like if me and hiccup were in the same cell. We could cuddle up to each other and I could watch him run his hands through his hair and see him smile at me when I cracked a joke. For now I had to work with just hearing him. His laugh was beautiful but it was ten times more beautiful when you could see him do it. His eyes crinkling and his lips parting to show his teeth. I smiled just thinking about it.

I heard him make that noise that I was just thinking about.

"Hey y/n." Hiccup said softly.

"Hmm?" I said still thinking about his laugh.

"You remember that time when my dads beard got caught on some dudes Viking helmet?"

I laughed loudly imagining it.

"Yeah. I do."

Something banged from outside the cell and I rushed over to the bars to see what was going on. A girl was being brought into the prison. She had short dirty blonde hair that was unevenly chopped at chin length that shot out in different directions. Brown eyes and a few light freckles. She looked thin but strong and she wore a blue baggy shirt with a brown corset that went around her waist. tan fabric tied around her waist and thick fur tied around her forearms and lined her boots. Blood runned down her nose and she was shoved into the cell across from me.

"You piece of shit!" She yelled. "Get me out of here!"

The guard pushed her in and locked the door. She banged on the doors and threw something at him but she missed and it landed a few feet away from my cell. I reached out and grabbed it before the guard could notice and pocketed it. It looked like a pouch but I didn't look very hard before hiding it in my belt.

The guard walked away and she threw her arms around and mumbled to herself. Then she walked forward and checked to see if the guard was still there. Our eyes met and she narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Who're you?"

"Um. Y/n...? Who are you?"

She relaxed a bit and wiped the blood that was dripping down her chin. She looked at her bloody hand and grimaced.

"Y/n? What's going on?" I heard hiccup say. The girl jumped.

"They just brought another girl in." I say still watching her.

"Do we know her?"

"No. I asked her name but she didn't answer."

"Oh! Sorry! I'm bughorn. But you can call me bug I guess." She told me. She must have forgotten to tell me her name. "Is that your friend talking?" She asked.

"I'm her boyfriend." Hiccup grumbled making me laugh.

A smile formed on her lips. "Oooooh love story!" She grinned. "Two lovers separated! The only source of comfort is each other's voice but they may never touch." She said dramatically. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Anyways. What are you doing here. You can't be older then 15 by the sound of your voice." Hiccup said.

"Um I'm 21 for your information and my voice isn't even that high." She said and crossed her arms. She was right. Hiccup was probably just saying that to get on her nerves.

"I won't believe it until I see it." Hiccup teased.

"Fine then. I was about to leave anyways." She said and reached into her wild hair pulling out a thin metal piece and stuck it into the lock. She wiggled it around a bit and I watched her with wide eyes. She noticed me and smiled. "I've been doing this since I was 15." She said before the lock clicked and she kicked the door open.

"Ha ha!" She laughed and punched the air with both fists. She walked over to where I assumed hiccup was and spun around.

"Believe it now?"

"How did you-" hiccup said shocked making bug laugh.

"I'm an expert in these things. My dads highly trained in this sort of thing and he passed it in to me. We're both wanted thieves. Like father like daughter I guess." She said pointing at herself with her thumb proudly and winked.

"Could you by any chance let us out of here?" I asked her.

"Hmmmm. And why would I do that?" She asked walking over to me. "Why are you even in here?" I could tell she was mostly joking but still wanted me to answer.

"Honestly I don't know. We came here and before we even had the chance to snap our fingers they were dragging us here. I have other friends that are locked up and we need to get our dragons."

"Dragons!" She said "I love dragons! I have my own!"

"We do to. So if you let us out we can help them." Hiccup said.

"Oh... and also... I have this." I say pulling the pouch out of my belt.

"Dammit!" She said and jumped forward to try and grab it through the bars. "Give it to me."

"Not till you let me and all of my friends out."

She folded her arms and laughed. "That's what I get fot throwing it I guess.... Ok. You got me. I was already gonna let you out but now I have to. Sooo...." She said and went to hiccups cell to unlock him and then doing the same for me.

Hiccups face lit up when we saw each other for the first time in about a week. How I missed him! He quickly wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his head in my neck. I kissed his head and ran my hand up and down his neck closing my eyes and letting out a breath of relief.

"Awww lovers reunited." Bug said and we pulled apart.

"Now." She rubbed her hands together. "Let's go find your friends."