Hiccup

"Holy crap!" I yelled over the wind.

Hiccup smiled at me and dove down.

I laughed and did the same on blue. The knew adjustments were working really well. I just had to get used to all the controls now. Can't do anything too difficult or fast but I was getting better.

"Let's go to our island!" Hiccup yelled. I grinned at him and steered blue turning toward where the island would be. Hiccup chuckled and followed after me.

We chatted about this and that. Whatever came to mind really.

We sat peacefully and looked at the clouds in the bright blue sky. I pointed out one that looked like a fish. Toothless picked up and flew to it and opened his mouth up pretending to take a bite. We laughed at him and hiccup gave him a pet as he smiled up at us. Soon the pink cherry trees came to view. I landed and slipped off of blue and watched her sniff the air taking in big hits of cherry blossoms. I breathed in and sighed before hiccup entwined our fingers and we walked through the trees.

"Do you ever think about when we were kids? And how we would talk about killing dragons and being 'Vikings'?" Hiccup said.

I laughed. It felt like so long ago. It was long ago but it felt longer. How things have changed.

"I remember watching you and Astrid put out the fires." He continued. "And I remember looking at you and thinking of how you had always been there for me. And just with me. And how you would make fun of everyone who would tease me to make me feel better." He said and I smiled and put my head down trying to be humble.

"You know... I think we- we should make it official." I said. I was going to wait but I decided that I didn't want to wait for him to ask. I mean, he did ask me out so it's only fair that I take the next step.

"Huh!?" He said. "Did I hear you right?"

I smiled trying to hide my nervousness. "That depends on what your answer to what you think I said is."

He looked at my face trying to see if I was serious or not.

"My answer would be yes..." He swallowed. "...If I heard you right." He looked at me tilting his head down slightly.

"You want to be my boyfriend?" I asked taking a leap of faith.

He looked at me full on and gave me a small smile. "Yes."he said, surely this time. "I was waiting for you to ask that." He said rubbing his neck again.

I laughed loudly. "Well it's a good thing I decided to ask because I was gonna wait for you."

He laughed too and grabbed my hand again and rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand softly.

We started walking again and I grabbed his arm with my other hand and placed my self nearer to him. I felt him turn his head and look at me and then looked forward again. We walked in silence for a little bit before we started talking about whatever came to mind again.

I took a deep breath again as the sky turned darker.

"Come on. Let's go watch the sunset." Hiccup said. I smiled and whistled for blue. She came galloping over to me, only narrowly missing trees and rocks in her way. She put her nose in my belly and flipped me on to her. I laughed and waited for toothless and hiccup.

We took off into the sky and watched the sky and clouds change colors.

I sighed in absolute serenity. Everything was perfect. I got hiccup beside me, blue underneath me, and the horizon in front of me.

I smiled softly. I started to get a little warm and so I took off my furs and rolled up my sleeves go feel the air on my arms and neck sending pleasant chills up and down my limbs. I leaned back and laid down on blue. She gurgled a little and I put my arms behind my head.

"Your gonna miss the best part." Hiccup said to me. I smiled at his voice and sat up looking back at the sunset. The colors more vibrant then they were before. I laughed in awe.

Standing up to get a better view the wind went up my arms again. I grinned as the sun went down all the way and I saw blue begin to light up like she always did. I put my arms up to expose more of my body to the open air and closed my eyes.

I heard a ruffle of wings and air whistling

I felt something grab my hands and lift me off blue only slightly. I looked up shocked and saw hiccup holding me up and toothless upside down. he looked at me and smiled. I laughed and kicked my feet around a bit. I felt my hands slip out of his warm hands and I slid down onto blue as toothless flipped right side up. Hiccup laughed happily and I smiled at him lovingly.

We turned and flew back to berk. The only thing I could see now was the stars moon and blue. I smiled for the millionth time after thinking about hiccup.

He's just so... cute! With his stupid hair and stupid face and stupid eyes!

I looked to my left where hiccup was flying and tried to make his shape out unsuccessfully. I turned back and tried to imagine him.

I liked when his hair moved around when we were flying.

And how his eyes looked when we were looking at something he liked or were talking about something he was passionate about. And how he looked at me like that. It made me feel special.

How did a manage to get this guy to date me?  I always asked myself this. Doubting was a constant for me.

The way he looked at me made my doubts about him being sincere vanish and replaced them with a smile and a strong feeling of pure bliss.

And his stupid stupid smile. What's with it? It's not possible for one thing to make me so happy. Every time he did it my heart swelled up like a sponge and I hated to admit how he made me feel. To anyone. Including myself. But here I was. Absolutely taken with this boy.

I chuckled at my own thoughts.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I heard hiccup ask.

"You."

Why the fuck did you say that?

Hiccup went quiet for a little bit but I could sense him smile softly.

"Me too." He said softly.

"You were thinking about you too?" I asked jokingly.

He snorted.

"No idiot. I was thinking about you." He laughed. I laughed too but was mostly focused on the fact that he was thinking about me. I wasn't sure if he felt as strongly for me as I did for him but in my own selfish way, I didn't give a damn. If he was happy, I was happy. And he seemed happy. So I didn't have anything to worry about.

Soon we arrived at berk. We landed and made our way to our homes.

"Night hiccup." I said smiling at him.

He looked back at me with his stupid stupid smile and gave me a short kiss. Sparks flew up and down my body and butterflies exploded inside of me. It felt like there was electricity in our lips. Soon we pulled away.

My smile grew and and looked down for a second.

"Night y/n."