Sorvan

Blue and I were on our way to Sorvan, an island we had never been to before. I had heard of the tropical food and was dying to try. Also apparently you could swim with the local water dragons there that were heard to be very colorful and friendly as well as the coral and fish. I was very excited!

Blue was getting a little restless since we had been flying so slow so I put on my mask and we did some tricks we had been practicing.

"Let's do that cloud dive one!" I yelled loud enough for blue to hear me over the strong wind. She instantly flew up to a second layer of clouds and pushed past it. I pulled out the cloud catcher canisters I had invented. Basically what they would do was catch clouds and compress it into these water bottle sized things and you could use them whenever. We used them for a little extra pizazz when flying by leaving a long trail of it behind me like jet streams.

Once we were above both layers of clouds I saw a group of dragon riders.

"You want to give them a show?" I asked blue. She roared. I slid off blues saddle and was free falling towards the clouds. Once I was inside them I opened the cloud catchers and pressed the compressing button and closed them. Once I was in clear sky again I opened them and spun in circles with the streams of clouds spiraling behind me. I think I caught the riders attention because they had stopped still and watched me. It seemed like one wanted move towards me but the one in front stopped them. Then I saw blue break through the first set of clouds above me. She dove down and I pushed through another layer of clouds where the dragon riders couldn't see us. Soon I was near the water but blue pulled up just soon enough and I latched onto the metal hoops. She flew up and we bursted through, the clouds swirling around us. We flapped a few times and I smiled when I saw dragon riders in the distance still hovering where the were. I chuckled as blue flipped upside down and we went below the layer of clouds once again.

"We should charge people to see that now!" I told her. She roared back agreeing.

Pretty soon we had reached Sorvan. The beach had black sand and you could see the colorful coral in the ocean. The palm trees and rain forested volcano finished the island off.

We landed on the dock and were welcomed by a few of the locals.

First step is lodging.

We came to an inn and I rented a room for a week. I got into my room and took off blues saddle and changed out of my flying attire and into a pair of wrap pants and a short tank top. I let my hair down and put the bandana from my aunt in my hair to keep it out of my face and went barefoot wanting to feel the sand.

I told blue she could do whatever she wanted just to come back home or to me when she was done. She nodded and went over to the dock where other dragons were hanging out like a group of teenagers.

First I went to the plaza they had made on the beach side as soon as I saw a fruit stand I ran over. I bought all the fruits that I had never seen before and made conversation with the stand owner.

"Which one do you like the most?"

"This one." He said "this is dragon fruit." He said and cut it open revealing a deep purple inside.

"Look at that color!" I said. He laughed and nodded grabbing one of the half's.

"Now here." He handed me a spoon. "You eat it like this." He said and handed me the other half and dipped his spoon into the fruit and scooped out a piece. I followed suit. I put the spoon in my mouth.

"Mmm! That's so good!" I said with a full mouth. He laughed again. I dipped my spoon in again and took another bite.

He showed me a few other fruits and I tried them all. A few of them were rather gross or sour and he just laughed as I screwed my face up.