Gill

(Photo above is Gill. P.s. none of the photos on here are mine and I am not taking credit for them. Found them on Pinterest 😁)

Salhar nodded and turned to his father.
"You know he hates it when people call him gillford to his face so DONT alright?" He pointed accusingly at Corbin. Corbin held his hands up defensively.

"Let's go." Salhar rolled his eyes.

I looked to my friends. It felt like we were watching a movie and we weren't actually here. I had no idea what was going on whatsoever and by the look on their faces they felt the same. Valka looked a little calmer then the rest of us.

We followed Salhar to a set of floating stairs. We climbed up and entered into the pod where Gill was waiting.

"Who are these guys?" The red headed boy asked. He was facing away and making himself busy with something. Leaned against the counter next to him was a crutch and I could see his leg wrapped up with white bandages.

"They're from earth." Salhar said. "Corbin here, wants you to be their guide. They need portal powder."

I scooted to the side so I could get a better look at Gill. He had medium length red hair that was pulled half up. He looked about our age. Maybe a couple years older. Very tall.

Finally he turned around and looked at the ground. I took a sharp intake of breath. There were scars all over his face and a burn mark that was only half visible on his neck.

"You know I'm not supposed to work while recovering." He said softly and looked at the ground.

"I know I know. I'm really sorry." Salhar said and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Maybe I can still do it." Gill said after thinking for a while.

"Gillford! That's my boy!" Corbin half yelled. Gill tensed up instantly when Corbin said that name and turned back around. Salhar hit his fathers arm.

"I've agreed to give you a small raise once you return to work!" Said Corbin. Gill laughed and I could see his shoulders move. He turned around again and gave Salhar a 'really?' Look which Salhar returned with a 'I tried to tell him face'.

"Alright." Gill said smiling.

"Told you Sal. Your boy over here pulls through. He's a strong man."

Gill chuckled, shook his head and turned back around to work on whatever it was he was doing.

With that Salhar turned to go I started to follow him but he put and arm up and blocked my path.

"You stay here with him." He pointed to Gill.

"I just barely met him!" I said.

"You just barely met me too." He pointed out.

"Yeah but-" I started.

"Just stay here. He'll know what to do. Just don't cause him any trouble alright."

Gill snickered to our right. Salhar then turned around and climbed down the stairs leaving the rest of us behind with Gill.

"It was good to see you sal!" Gill called out the window. I heard sal reply faintly.

We all just stood there for a moment before Gill spoke to us.

"So... what are your names?" He asked.

"I'm hiccup. That's Astrid, y/n, and Valka. My mom." He said pointing to each of us as he went.

Gill nodded.