Flying

About a month after the small battle and hiccup asking me out on a date, we finally got back to our normal lives. Well mostly.

Me and blue had been working on flying. It was difficult now since...well now she's blind. I had a bad habit of making blind jokes with hiccup.

Speaking of hiccup we were now going on said date. Yeah. I know. An entire month later. But we had been busy cleaning up and pulling ourselves together.

But i was absolutely pumped for it the entire wait. I mean who wouldn't want to date hiccup? He's sweet. And he's funny. And super attractive...

I'm not even gonna deny it. I liked him. Like a lot.

So right now we were flying to an island he told me he found a few days ago that was 'unbelievable'. He didn't describe it to me since he wanted it to be a surprise.

Blue was getting along well and we had made hand signals that I would draw on her to tell her where to go and she was getting better and her reflexes were incredible. She would respond almost instantly. We still had many things to work on in that category though.

"Are we almost there?" I asked.

Hiccup just grinned at me excitedly and nodded. His excitement spread to me and I felt my heart start thumping. I smiled and looked forward again.

Oh my gods. I'm going on a date with my long time best friend.

"We still need to do that competition, remember?" Hiccup said interrupting my thoughts.

I remembered. "I told you blue could beat you with her eyes closed." I started "well she's about to." I held back a smile and hiccup stiffled a laugh. It was incredibly rude but I don't think blue minded and it was a sort of coping method to be optimistic. 'Oh blues blind? Well at least we can make blind jokes!' I know. It's awful.

"Anyways. Are you suggesting we compete now?" I asked.

"Only if you're up for it." He said. I thought about it for a bit. Was she ready? I guess the worst that could happen is I get dropped into the ocean. We had practiced diving once or twice before and she had been mostly successful. And if I put on that smelly stuff usually she could tell where I was.

"You up for that blue?" I asked. She crooned a yes. I think she missed being able to do tricks and stuff.

I looked over at hiccup and nodded. he grinned and slipped his mask on. I could see his eyes smile and he leaned to the side and slipped off toothless' back. I watched him drop and told blue to drop a bit so that I could see him. I watched him spin and toothless dived down after him. I grinned as they spun around each other gracefully and soon hiccup mounted toothless and flew back up to meet us.

"How's that!?" Hiccup asked pulling his mask up so I could see him.

"Pffff! Not impressed. Neither is blue and she couldn't even see it!" I called back. Blue made a laughing noise and hiccup gave me a fake glare and held back a smile before motioning for me to top it.

"Ok I'm gonna do the flip thing and then I stay under! Cool?" I whispered so hiccup wouldn't hear. She gave a short noise to agree and started getting excited. I leaned to the side and reached for the perfume I had made. It didn't smell good or anything but it was strong enough she could smell me even in high winds and since she had better smelling then I did it wasn't to bad for me to wear. I dipped it in the crook of my neck where it would be noticeable.

"Ready?" I asked her and she just started flying harder to show me she was ready. I slowly stood up on her back with my hair blowing around and pulled my own mask over my face.

"Get ready for the coolest thing you've ever seen!" I called and hiccup laughed. I stood up fully and took a deep breath before jumping forward putting my foot lightly on blues head and flipping off her. I watched as Hiccup leaned over toothless watching me. I flipped around and looked at the big sea coming slowly nearer. I smiled as I heard blues wings flapping near me.

"Just a little more!" I yelled as loud as I could.

Soon I was close and I pulled nearer to blue. "Three two one!" I yelled and she pulled up just as my feet scimmed the water making a stream of water spray up behind me. I hung from underneath her on the metal hoops and pulled my legs up to the others and looped my knees through them.

"Blue! That was perfect!" I yelled to her. She smiled and started circling the splashes we made to confuse hiccup and toothless. The plan was we made them think I hit the water and went under by hiding underneath blue till they start freaking out and then just pop up or something. I had planned this a while before in case someone wanted to kill me or something. Hard to believe since I'm such a great person. 😁

I heard toothless fly down and hiccup was laughing.

"Haha she thought she could outdo us!? Well I hope getting wet teaches her." He said and waited for me to come up. I smirked as his face started to get worried.

I tapped on blue meaning she should fly above hiccup. She did as casually as she could and almost ran into them before I drew my finger telling her to move to the side a little bit.

"Holy crap! Is she ok?" Hiccup murmured searching the water for me.

We were directly above hiccup and he was too distracted looking at the water to notice me. I let my arms fall and hung by my legs and tapped hiccups shoulder.

"Boo!"

"Gods y/n! You scared me!" He said startled. I burst out laughing. And pulled off my mask letting my hair hang down. My eyes squeezed closed as I felt tears from laughing come to my eyes.

"Oh please." I heard hiccup say. "It wasn't that funny."

I tried to reply but I was laughing way to hard to form any understandable sentences. I put my hands in my armpits to keep them from hanging down and looked at hiccup once I had finally settled down. He was looking at my face scanning my features and looking at me with adoration. I felt myself blush a little bit. I waited for him to notice but he didn't.

"What are you doing?" I asked softly.

He snapped out of his daze and put his hand on his neck.

"Nothing I- I was just... well..." He stuttered. I laughed again and felt my face crinkle as my eyes closed again. He chuckled a bit before he went quiet. I kept laughing at how adorable he was when he was flustered.

Soon I felt a pair of hands in my hair and felt hiccup put his mouth on mine. I stopped laughing suddenly and looked at this neck since I was still upside down. Once I had figured out what was happening I kissed back and felt him smile into my lips making me smile too. Sparks and chills ran up and down my limbs and I kept my hands where they were. It was difficult getting in a comfortable position since one of us was upside down but once I had settled in we fit perfectly together.

Finally, we pulled apart and my hair whipped around again. I gave him a half smile and he smiled back.

I flipped up once I felt the blood start to rush to my head. I gave blue a good chin scratch and she gurgled happily.

I was already expecting this date to be the best ever.