A stranger

(Not my drawing.)

I had traveled from aero island to Berk multiple times this month. I still lived on my private island and hiccup and astrid and the gang would visit me as well so we had been together most of the time. Me and valka went to visit her old home where the bewilder beast used to live and we saw there were still many dragons there and she taught me about each one of them. She was becoming a bit of a mother to me due to the lack of my biological one.

"Y/n would you help me with this one?"  Valka called from a few feet away. We had been helping injured dragons all day. "I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with it." She said and I walked over.

Layed down in front of her was a change wing but it's eyes were leaking black.

"I know what it is." I said and knelt down. She breathed a sigh of relief. One of the most remarkable things about valka was her compassion for each and every dragon she met. She felt she needed to help in anyway she possibly could no matter what.

I reached into my leather satchel and pulled out an ointment I had made. "This is plover weed and phordal feathers." I said. "And that's talgaria it's caught." Talgaria was I rare sickness that dragons can catch. Luckily it's not very contagious. "Close his eyes." I told her. She followed suit and I dipped my fingers in the thick liquid and rubbed the medicine over his eyes. "Now we just have to keep an eye on him to see how he's doing.

"Can you teach me how to make that?" Valka asked pointing to the vial.

"Sure!" I wiped my hands on my pants and stood up. Valka did the same. I was getting a little hot so I took off one layer of fur and rolled up my sleeves.

"We're very happy to have you back." Valka said facing away from me.

"I'm happy to be back." I said.

She turned around and hugged me. This display of affection effected me more then I thought. If there was one thing I knew about valka it was that she liked physical contact. She found everything fascinating and worthy of her time.

"It is nice to have someone to learn from." She said. I smiled at her and she put a hand on my face affectionately.

"It's nice to have someone to teach me her tricks too." I said.

She smiled at me and laughed whole heartedly. She reminded me of a dragon sometimes. She had those same big eyes and wide features and she had spent so much time with nothing but dragons for company I'm sure she had picked up a few traits and behavioral tendencies. It made her seem so intense in a calm sort of way.

I heard something coming from outside. Both valka and I turned our heads toward the noise. She walked toward the outside and I followed her.

When we emerged from the inside of the ice form a man stood there. (It's the guy in the photo on the top) long dark hair with grey strips pulled back into multiple buns and a beard. blue clothes with grey furs hanging off his shoulder and a scar across his mouth. But the most beautiful golden eyes looked back at us.

"Who are you?" Valka asked in a shockingly threatening and authoritative voice.

"Corbin Falthorn." He said in a deep voice.

"What do you want?" Valka asked

"I here to tell you something." He said. My face screwed up into a confused expression. He looked at me and pulled something out of his pocket. He opened his hand and I saw one of the ornaments with blues scales from my tree in it.

I gasped and took it from him. "Is it yours?" He asked.

"Yes. Why do you have it?" I questioned.