87. Frozen

"Smashing, watch the glass fly
Ain't no way, ain't no way you can go back
Float away, float away, float away-ay-yeah
We're frozen in this moment
Ain't no way, ain't no way you can go back
Float away, float away, float away-ay-yeah"

~Joyner lucas

Dayvon Bennett pov

(Whew he be mf stepping 😍)

"Von "I hear whispering making me open my eyes to face a ceiling .

I look down and see that I'm in the hospital then furrow my eyebrows wondering what happened. The last thing I remember is sitting in the room with Durk and then everything after that is a blur . When the hell did I go to sleep ?

"Von " the person questions again louder this time . I look to the side of me seeing kennedy standing there looking down at me with a side smile on her face and a couple scratches and bandaids on her body .

She don't got no broken bones and still looks healthy causing me to thank god  in my head that he finally looked out for me . Both my babies are healthy

"Kennedy "I sigh getting up to give her a hug pulling her into me tightly "don't you ever scare me like that in yo fucking life nigga " I shake my head while she laughs before pulling away  "why the fuck you was driving so fast for this aint the fast and furious nigga yo name kennedy Walker or sumn shit ? have you lost yo damn mind ?"

"I'm sorry "she says lowly looking away "I had a lot on my mind and I didn't realize how recklass I was acting "she admits and I grab her chin to make her look at me

"You shouldn't have been by yourself anyway "I tell her "it's my fault I can't be snapping on you like that you mean to much to me "

"It's not your fault "she shakes her head kissing me on my lips

"If I woulda lost you today I prolly would've kill- "

"Shhh don't even think about it , I'm here and I'm with you that's all that matters " she tells me making me feel better .

She always knows what to say and when to say it and the fact that she still here to comfort me after all of this let me know sumn. Kennedy all I need for myself on foe nem . And I need to start thinking bout ha feeling the way she look out fa me . She need to know she special on a daily .

"Let's go home " I tell her while she smiles at me and nods

"We will "she says "but first you have to wake up "

"What ?" I question confused wondering what she's talking about

"wake up von , wake up !"

"Huh?"I exhale out loudly as my eyes shoot open forreal to a bright ass light making me groan "awe shit !" I shake my head sitting up to shut my eyes again hoping my vision of her comes back . I know I'm not tripping in this bitch .

"Dayvon , your up! "the man in the room with me says loud as fuck while I open my eyes to look at him

"Where's kennedy ?" I asks lost . I could've sworn she was just in here . I know I'm not tripping .

"I'm sorry ? " he asks confused

"The girl I was just talking to " I tell him making him look at me like I'm crazy or something

"Oh I see "he chuckles stepping closer to me "we injected you with Propofol and sometimes if you fight the sleep and wake up to quick it can cause hallucinations and headaches , you're probably just confused "

"I'm not fucking crazy "I mug him knowing I saw her .

That shit felt real as hell . Her skin , her lips , even her face had the scratches she would've gotten from the crash on it . It was her , I just need to find out where she went so we can go home and fix this shit like remember us agreeing to . I know that shit happened, I'm not loosing my fucking mind .

"I said confused not crazy "he laughs while I sit up in the bed grabbing my stuff to go find kennedy "and I'm afraid you might be both anyways "he mumbles joking

"Fuck you nigga " I shake my head "Ion appreciate how you shooting me up with drugs in this bitch like I'm a junkie either I should beat yo fuckin ass "

"Oh you're just lucky the lovely lady and man you put your hands on earlier decided  not to press charges against you mr Ali " he tell me and I wave him off .

Lanora know better than to press charges cause all Imma do is get out and whoop her ass again , and I wish the fuck  Lonzo would he knows better to .

Ion know  why he thought he was captain save a hoe earlier tryna help lanora like he fucking crazy . If I slapped a bitch what makes you think I won't put hands on you AGAIN. Niggas just dont fucking learn . I tried to kill his ass.

"Do you take any psychotic medicine mr Bennett ?" The doctor asks pulling out a pencil and a clip board

"I look like a psychopath to you ?" I asks him getting up off the bed
"I told you I'm not crazy , they knew they wasn't supposed to be here so it got handled , now where is my wife at ? " I asks him

" if you're referring to kennedy banks she just made it out of surgery just over ten minutes ago "he tells me 

"Damn how long I been sleep ?"

"Not long forty minutes or so but I don't think you're stable enough to be walking arou-"

I ignore that nigga and walk out the hospital room to find kennedy and get the real answers I need . Ion know if they expect me to just sit back and relax while my girl just had surgery but shit don't go that way . I'm not resting or sitting on shit until I'm back with ha then they can asks us questions together . Fuck what they talking bout right now .

I walk back towards the waiting room and out my peripheral I see Durk walking towards me making me instantly run over to him

"Wassup Durk where she at ?"I asks him while he stares back at me with a straight ass face

"She in the room twin "he says low as hell with his voice cracking a little and I notice dry tears on his face making me get worried . He seem sad like somethings wrong and I need him to speak that shit out

"Is she good ?" I asks anxiously trying to figure out what I'm gonna walk into

"Yeah bro "he chuckles a little making me sigh feeling better "she straight just - "

"That's good "I nod excitedly and watch his face drop again as another tear drops out his face "if she good the you crying Fa what happened ?"

"It's not ha "he shakes his head and I tilt my head looking at him letting all the small amount of happiness I had to fade  seeing his expression

"What is it ? "I asks causing him to shake his head and look away

"It's the baby " he starts "it didn't make it "

.
.
.
.
.

I feel like the biggest asshole writing this chapter 🤦🏾‍♀️