14.Another lifetime

"I guess I'll wait another lifetime, oh (ooh, ooh)
Meet us in another lifetime, oh (ooh, ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh)
I guess I'll wait another lifetime (ooh, ooh)
'Cause there I will stay, my darling
I swear I won't run from you"

~nao

Omniscient pov
Monday 11/7

Von stares into the mirror with tears streaming uncontrollably down his face as he finishes getting ready , to leave out the bathroom .

Today's  the day he's been dreading the most since this trip began and now that it's a reality he feels absolutely numb .

It's the morning of maws funeral and all the emotions he tried to hold back since he's been back in Chicago is coming out of him all at once . Ever since he woke up tears have been streaming down his face , and as much as he tried to stop it , it's gotten worse .

He knew this day was coming but being in the house and around all his family friends made him forget that he would still have to bury his grandmother and leave Chicago again . It's like all his happiness was being swept away for the one hundredth time and he's honestly sick of it . Reality is hitting him all at once and the only way he can express how he's feeling is through the tears he hated that are dropping from his eyes .

" shit " he mumbles to himself getting aggravated at the tie he's struggling to put on . The tears in his eyes are making his vision blurry so he couldn't even see what he didn't already know how to do anyways . "Fuck this shit"  he says aggressively and rips it off his neck .

Kennedy looks up into the restroom , after hearing his angry outburst , and sees him fighting with the tie so she finishes strapping her heels and walks over to him to help .

"I got you " she mumbles and slowly takes the tie from his shaking hands . She had never seen Von this hurt before . Yes , shes seen him cry before but not this bad . His eyes are so red and he's shaking uncontrollably like he's cold . She hates seeing him like this but she knows how much of an emotional day this is for him so she decided instead of talking about it she would just let him get it out before they had to leave .

Seeing him hurt made her wanna burst into tears but she knew for the sake of Von she couldn't do that . She had to stay strong for him so that he could know everything would be okay , but it's not like that made it easier to watch .

She finally fixes his tie and smiles a little running her hands down his suit , something she's never seen him in before . She looks up at him then kisses his cheek softly , wiping off a loose tear , as he looks down at her with admiration in his eyes .

She didn't know it yet but her being there every step of the way during this whole process made him want to marry her right there on the spot .

He noticed the way she comforted him and cared for him ever since maw died and it made him fall in love with her even more . Instead of being there for him she could have stayed in LA caring for the growing baby inside of her and planning the wedding but she's not . She's right there by Von side and that let him know how loyal she really is .

"You look good love " she mumbles lowly while staring into his eyes . He looks at her for a second before a shaking his head and closing his eyes . He wraps his arms around her lower body and burys his head in the crook of her neck . "I know baby " she mumbles and rubs his back as he cries hard into her neck .

Von hated the emotions he's going through at the moment but he decided it would be better to just let it out to his woman now , than in front of a church full of other people . He's content on keeping his hard exterior no matter the circumstances but at this very moment he just couldn't hold it in anymore .