75. Crazy

"Does that make me crazy
Does that make me crazy
Possibly"

~ Gnarls Barkley

Omniscient pov

"Merry Christmas yall !! "Kayla yells walking into the dining room with a bag full of gifts in her hand and lanora following a couple steps behind her smiling brightly .

Kennedy promised lanora an attempt to fix her and vons relationship the right way so she thought what's a better time and place then Christmas dinner with family and friends right ?

Of course they know this entire dinner could be flipped one of two ways but Kennedy is hoping for the best and she hopes that the Christmas spirit somehow posses von to get along and talk with his mother so she can explain to him what she told Kennedy last time . The truth behind their hard life . The things he doesn't know .

"Lanora , kayla you made it " Kennedy smiles brightly as everyone's eyes shift their eyes to hers confused .

They all thought kayla just popped up but now that they know kennedy invited them makes everything ten times worse . "Grab a seat " she points as they walk towards the dining room table sitting down .

Von squints his eyes looking at Kennedy then let's a small smile cover his face while he wipes his mouth before speaking "you knew they were coming ?" He asks her as she turns towards him nervously and nods "you invited them ? " he questions and she gulps then nods again .

By the look on his face she already starts to get the feeling in her stomach that this is a bad idea . But obviously it's to late to turn back or kick them out . She knew she had to get over vons mean stare and force him to understand lanoras side for the improvement of his long term emotions. She knew it wouldn't be easy but she has to do it for the sake of their relationship. She needed him to be healed .

"Well hi everyone I'm vons mom " Lanora speaks trying to ease the tenseness and awkward quietness in the room .

"Hey ! " juju starts loving the new found drama about to start " I'm juju , vons folks nem "he smirks caressing her hand softly as he shakes it "this cisco , and that's Durk , vons boyfriend " he points and everyone speaks instead of Durk and von .

Durk knew better than to act friendly with vons mom . Not because of any personal issues but because he saw his friend go through the worst of times because of her and that's something he'll never forget . His loyalty will always be shifted towards von side . Wrong or right .

"It's nice meeting you all "she grins then looks at Kennedy "thanks for inviting me everything looks so good "

"No problem " Kennedy smiles then taps von under the table attempting to get him to speak but instead he just mugs her uncontrollably calling her every name in the book besides her own in this head

"I know this is unexpected for you " she starts looking at Von as he stares back at her amused not letting a word that comes out her mouth be heard "I just wanted to make sure I was with my baby on Christmas tho , like the old times "she says reaching for his hand sincerely

He looks at it for a second then back up at her and laughs softly shaking his head

"Ooou shit this finna get real "juju mumbles shaking his head sitting back getting prepared for the show

"What old times lanora ?" Von asks calmly sending chills through kennedys spine unexpectedly

Nobody expected his first words to be anything less than screaming so hearing him talk in a soft tone is giving her hope that her plan might work and they could actually get somewhere . Fingers crossed !