15. Dear mama

"When I was young, me and my mama had beef
Seventeen years old, kicked out on the streets
Though back at the time I never thought I'd see her face
Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place
Suspended from school, and scared to go home, I was a fool
With the big boys breakin' all the rules
I shed tears with my baby sister, over the years
We was poorer than the other little kids
And even though we had different daddies, the same drama
When things went wrong we'd blame Mama"

~2pac

Kennedy banks pov

"You okay baby ?" I ask Von for the third time since we've gotten out the car

"You okay baby ?" I ask Von for the third time since we've gotten out the car . We're getting closer to the entrance of the church and I want to make sure he's prepared for the funeral we're about to enter .

I know the phone call with Durk calmed his emotions a little but now that were approaching the building I feel him tensing and tearing back up like he was before . I don't know the exact words to say or how to take the pain away from him but I'm trying my best . I just hope we make it through this service swiftly .

"Imma be straight ken " he nods and places his hand on my lower back as he opens the door for me

"Remember when we get in here to be positive and block out all negative thoughts  . sending maw off isn't a lose it's a gain in heaven" I tell him seriously , hoping that it eases him .

"Thanks bishop Eddie long " he mumbles causing me to laugh . It amazes me how he can still joke at the most serious times .

"You know what fuck you von " I laugh and he joins before kissing my cheek .

"Fuck you to " he grins as we walk in. Were greeted to a lobby full of people waiting to be seated in the church and I scan the crowd looking for my mother . I told Von she was coming and since he's been emotional all morning he didn't seem to have a problem with it but for some reason I think that's going to change when he actually sees her .

"There go yo momma " Von calls out nodding at a corner by the wall . Our eyes land on each other's at the same time as she starts walking over to us with a concerned look on her face . She almost looked sad . "Fuck she do ? Put baby oil on her forehead ?" He mumbles and I swat his arm discreetly .

"Hush Von , be nice " I tell him

"Yeah whatever "he waves me off .

"Hey ma " I smile giving her a hug .

"Hey Ken " she says then pulls away and looks at Von . I stare between them impatiently waiting for one of them to move a muscle or speak then suddenly I see Vons hand move up in a swift motion .

"Hey ma " he smiles and pulls her into a hug . Our eyes shoot up at the same time in shock as he gives her a warm hug . I can't tell if it's sarcastic or genuine but I'm loving this Von . It's weird seeing him this sweet to her , maybe he is bipolar .