59. War baby

"It was hell in the projects, I survived the storm
Got brothers in the sky, they die 'fore they born
I know the worst conditions make a champion
Look at my ice froze like a mannequin"

~roddy ricch

Omniscient pov
Sunday 12/17

"Alright Kayla thats the last of it " Kennedy chirps as she brings in the last box from the moving truck inside .

Kennedy and Vons been back in Cali for about a week now and as promised Kayla , Grandbabi , and toosi has officially made their move in the city also .

Kennedy is surprised that Kayla actually went through with letting toosi stay with her but they are actually working on being a couple and it's better than her moving lanora out to la with her so Kennedy isn't complaining to much .

They rented a condo downTown and Kennedy and Vons been helping them move and unpack for the last few days while trying to juggle their own lives at the same time .

Kennedys baby bump seems like it's growing by the day , and she's been meeting with the wedding planner solo planning out minor details of the wedding and saving the major part for when Von finally decides to attend a session . She's picked a date and a color but she wanted Von to help pick out the venue and location since it's his wedding too

Meanwhile he's been stressing about king and kitty while Durks in his ear about starting their own record label and kennedys been nagging about the wedding planning . He just felt like all his problems and task our being piled on top of each other when he knows he can only handle one situation at a time . Everyone can't be satisfied

Then helping Kayla move hasn't made it any easier . Von loves his sister but they haven't officially made up for their last falling out . The only reason he even started helping them is because Kennedy forced him too and Grandbabi misses him . Other then that he still didn't trust Kayla and at the moment not even an apology could fix that . Even though she didn't plan on giving him one anyways

"Wow "kayla gasps looking around the condo "I can't believe I really did it "

"I know right "Kennedy smiles "I'm so proud of you this is a beautiful place "

"Thank you girl "she nods "now I can be close to what feel like home " she says grinning at her then nudges her stomach making her laugh

"You know you should have a house warming party "Kennedy suggest happily helping her organize kitchen supplies

"I don't know nobody out here , who would I even invite ?" She asks

"Me , india , Durk , juju , cisco , and Von Duh . You don't need new friends "Kennedy shrugs and she looks off and sighs

"That sounds good "she mumbles sadly as she leans on the counter letting reality dawn on her

"What's wrong ?" Kennedy asks As she looks at her then off into the hallway where you can see Von sitting on the floor on his phone .

"I just don't understand why he still so mad "she starts referring to her and Vons falling out . His words still didn't sit right with her and they kept replaying in her head like a song "I mean he's acting like I became an opp or something, I'm just trying to rekindle a relationship with our mother it's not that serious "she rolls her eyes while Kennedy exhales .

From a daughters point of view Kennedy understands where Kayla is coming from . When Kennedy was growing up and even just a year ago her and her mother were never on great terms . They always argued and Kennedy felt like her mother was never there for her . But once she realized that her mother is human and is going to make mistakes she decided instead of treating her like super woman she should treat her like a regular woman and grow together to build their relationship.

That's why she understands why Kayla wants to start over and try to build a connection with lanora . There's no age limit on needing your mother in your life .

But on the other hand ... Vons point is still valid .

He's been through so much with lanora and made the choice not to let bygones be bygones . He also made the choice not to associate with anyone who does . So she couldn't be mad and force him to forgive Kayla . They have to do it on their own .

"Kayla you know your brother more than anyone " Kennedy says softly then glances at him "he still loves you , he just doesn't care for lanora and he feels like you're taking a side "

"But we're to grown for that Kennedy "she snaps unintentionally loud "he needs to grow up " she says and Kennedy sighs . Getting through to Kayla and Von is like talking to brick wall . They have to talk to each other .

"I am grown " they hear causing them to jump startled . They look up and see Von standing in the hallway mugging Kayla angrily .

"She was talking about toosi " Kennedy says to him then eyes Kayla signaling her to go along . One thing she didn't want is for Von and Kayla to be going back and forth like five year olds . Especially since she's going to be living out here now .

"Yeah whatever "he rolls his eyes "Cmon Kennedy we gotta go "he says grabbing his keys aggressively walking to the door

"She wasn't done helping me unpack "Kayla says to him

"She done now "he says back and she waves him off and walks to the back room .

Kennedy shakes her head sighing and walks to the door with Von letting themselves out .

Vons bow legs moves at a fast pace as he walks to all the way to the car . Kennedy keeps up as quickly as she can and gets in the passenger seat then looks over at him .

"Fuck !! "He screams out hitting the steering wheel hardly letting out all his frustrations out .

He didn't want to leave kaylas condo because of her , although she was talking about him . He just wanted to let out his anger privately .

"You good ?" Kennedy asks him calmly trying not to show how startled she is . She's been with Von for a long time but his random angry outburst still scares her from time to time .

"I'm straight "he says normally and starts up the car casually as if he didn't just snap .

"What happened ? "She asks him while slowly placing her hand on his legs to calm the shaking

"Kitty not answering the phone " he says lowly while speeding on the road going way over the speed limit causing Kennedy to put on her seatbelt

"Want to use my phone to call her ? " she asks him and he shakes his head

"Nope "

"I don't mind - "

"No kennedy "he snaps "imma handle it "he tells her and she rolls her eyes then nods

"Fine "she shrugs .

She promised herself It is the last time she was going to offer any help with the king situation. She thought them talking about their problems at the ocean would work but Von came back to la doing the same things times ten . He won't talk about king or let her help with him so she decided to let it go .

Although Von didn't mean to be so stiff towards her , he couldn't help it . He hasn't seen king in months and he felt like he was abandoning him when all he wanted was to have his kids around him . Something inside of him keeps telling him to just give in to kitty's games just so he can see him but he knew it would involve hurting Kennedy I'm someway and he can't do that to her . His head is just spinning with ideas and scenerios but he can't make a decision so it's coming out as anger .

"Can we go get some cheese cake ?" Kennedy asks randomly changing the subject so they don't be irritated at each other all day .plus she's starting to have pregnancy cravings and needed her fixings .

He looks over at her and smiles a little before grabbing her hand and planting a kiss on it "we can get whatever you want love "he tells her as his nerves starts to calm down .

As soon as he feels like he's about to burst he looks at her and remembers what he has to live for . He can't risk loosing Kennedy so she makes him sane . She
May think he's not letting her help but in reality she helps him more than anything or anybody else .