- Chapter TWENTY NINE -

"I bet you she didn't even know my birthday was Valentines day." Landon said, shaking his head.

Carlota rolled her eyes and looked in the other direction. "You never told me," She mumbled.

"You didn't tell me when your birthday was but I still knew. See!? She barely cares about me and she's clearly in the wrong."

"Okay fine, I should have learned when your birthday was, but I will let you complain about me not giving you enough attention when you can explain to me what childbirth is like!" She exclaimed.

The silence between them was enough for a smile to appear on their therapist's face. "We were so close." She sighed, taking off her glasses. "Did I ever tell you guys about my most embarrassing relationship?"

Carlota shook her head.

"I knew this guy, he was my patient and for some reason, I was so head-over-heels for him. He liked this other girl and we were always at each other's necks. But he chose her over me and I realized I really needed help." She chuckled, thinking of Vincenzo.

"Do you fall for your patients regularly, Claire?" Carlota asked, narrowing her eyes at her while touching Landon's hand.

"Oh so now you're jealous," He mumbled, removing his hand. "I just don't get you sometimes. I'll tell you you're beautiful every single day, I'll say I love you and do tons of sh*t for you but what do you do? You roll your eyes at me and ignore me." Landon complained.

"Landon I gave birth to our third child how many weeks ago? Of course, I don't feel beautiful. Of course, I don't feel like I'm good enough to stand by your side. I feel insecure, okay? And you can't blame me for that."

He sighed and looked at Claire and looked back at his fiancee. "Fine, you're right. I'm sorry," He mumbled, touching her arm. "I get you just gave birth and I'm happy I'm helping you go through this. But it wouldn't hurt you to let me know you still love me."

"Of course I love you, Landon," She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "and you're right. I'm sorry for being rude." She sighed, with a small smile.

"So you two have made up? Because instead of improving, you guys spent an hour bickering." Claire groaned, getting up from her chair. "I'll see you two tomorrow for your last appointment, Mr and Mrs King." She smiled.

"Thanks for everything, Claire." Carlota said, getting up from her seat. "Landon, let's go." She instructed, walking out.

"Do you really think Carlota and I are heading in the right path?" He whispered, making sure she wouldn't hear her.

She nodded her head. "Just, listen to each other more, and don't be quick to act on your anger." She advised.

"Thank you."

He walked out, giving Carlota a quick kiss on the head. "Jade's probably awake by now, crying." He groaned, heading to the car.

"Promise me that we're having no more kids?" Carlota said, getting into the passenger seat. Ever since she'd given birth, she'd stopped driving them everywhere. Carlota loved driving more than Landon so she usually drove the family everywhere.

"2 more years you'll be begging for one more," He muttered, closing the door.

"Daddy, are you done?" Marianna asked, adjusting her seat.

"Yes, I am." He smiled, putting his seatbelt on.

"So we can go get Ice-cream now?" Gabriella asked to which Landon nodded his head to.

"Finally," Stephano muttered, rolling his eyes. Stephano didn't exactly like Landon. Maybe it was because Landon didn't really like him or because he was married to Carlota. Stephano liked Carlota to the point it pissed him off.

"Be nice." Landon warned. "They're waiting for us." He informed, looking at his messages. "We can go now right?"

"Yes! You're whining more than Stephano." Carlota joked, earning a slightly overexaggerated laugh from Stephano.

"I can't wait to go back home and f*ck you. Stephano needs to be put in his place." Landon whispered, making sure no one would hear him. "Plus, Jade's really but destroying our sex-."

"Landon. When we get home, we'll talk about this. Right now, focus on making your daughter stop crying." She smiled, moving over to kiss his cheek.

"I love being a parent." He groaned sarcastically, which earned a chuckle from her.

*-*-*

Sorry I made this a little short. You guys needed to know the baby's gender and now you know. Another girl! Jade! No cap, I was about to name Jade Adalina but I realized Arabella is also Adalina.

I don't know why I see Landon as the type to have a bunch of daughters and they're all close with him. Plus I think it's cute.

They also call him 'Daddy'. I know that's something you guys really wanted so of course I gave it to you. And it only makes sense. 

Stephano is still... Stephano.

CLAIRE WAS ALSO THE PSYCHO THERAPIST IN HIS PERSONAL ASSISTANT LMAOOOO. I don't know why I decided to include her. A nice easter egg, ig.

Next chapter will also be a time skip. A much larger time skip.

Updating Wednesday

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WHAT DO YOU EXPECT IN THE LAST CHAPTER?

𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝟐 | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें