- Chapter TWENTY ONE -

The sweat on his forehead was dripping down. The fear of losing someone so close to him was really hitting him.

That baby in Carlota's stomach could be gone now and it was because of him. For not loving her as she deserved. He was a bad person and started to hate himself.

He squeezed the pillow he was holding even tighter to realize it wasn't Carlota he was holding.

He sat up and looked around to see Gabriella and Marianna sound asleep on the other side of the bed.

Disappointment took over his features when he realized she was nowhere in sight. "Carly," He groaned, closing his eyes. "Carlota?"

The bathroom door was open alerting him. "Who's there?" He questioned, a little scared.

"Relax Landon." Her voice let out, a little groggily. "I felt nauseous." She explained, walking over to him and sitting on the bed. "I didn't throw up, though." She added.

"Okay," He sighed, looking the other way.

Truthfully, he didn't know what to say and whether what he needed to say would be necessary. Should he apologize? Should he comfort her? Should he ask about the unborn child? He didn't know.

Carlota was being a closed book to Landon. He didn't know where the start or end of the book was. He wished she'd let him in, even if it was just a chapter.

"I spoke to Yasmin before she left yesterday. She said I could stay at her place while I look for a job. That way it would be a bit easier for me." She spoke up.

"Oh," He said, with much dismay. "Is that what you want?"

"You told me to move out so I'll move out." She answered bluntly.

He looked at her to notice she was a bit colder. And her hair was shorter. It was as if every cut to her hair cut down on her energy. "When did you cut your hair again?" He asked, confused.

"Just now."

Once again there was that pause of silence. "I don't think you should move out. I think you should live with me. I made an irrational decision. I'm sorry, Carly." He finally spoke.

Carlota glanced over at him and smiled. "Landon," She began, touching his face. "Do you want me to be honest with you?"

He chuckled, softly. "No," He whispered.

Her smile turned into a sad one. "Landon. Bad things happen when we're together. We're not meant to be together. Not when Brinley was here, not when Lorenzo was here, not with the twins and not with this baby either." She let out.

He looked away, looking down at his laps. His vision began to blur and he shut his eyes. "I don't want you to leave." He whispered, resting his head on the wall. "Don't help me make the same mistake again."

The silence was so much which caused him to open his eyes. He was scared that he was just talking to a memory of Carlota and she was really gone. But she was still there. Looking down at her laps. And that's when the tears began to flow down.

He touched his cheek to wipe the waterfalls. "Please, don't leave me, Carlota. We can do couples therapy if you want. I already have a therapist I've been looking into. Please, let's just do that."

"Are you crying?" She asked, shocked. Never in her life had she seen Landon cry. She thought he had already cried out all the tears his body was able to produce for Leighanne.

"Yes. And don't tell anyone." He smiled, wiping more of them.

"I'm crying because I really do love you. I love you so much, Carlota. I don't care if those kids over there are Lorenzo's and I don't care if that child in your stomach isn't mine. I still f*cking love you with every cell in my body. I love you so much and I hate myself so much for making you feel like sh*t. I hate myself for how I treated you in front of Brinley, your friends, everyone. I hate myself for lying to you. I hate myself for not saying I love you back and I hate myself for letting you go twice." He ranted.

Her mouth opened in astonishment. Carlota wasn't the best at detecting Landon's lies anymore but she had a gut feeling everything coming out of his mouth was truthful. She believed that Landon loved her. She couldn't explain why but she just knew.

But she was smarter than that. She knew that loving Ladon would result in hundreds of heartbreaks. He isn't perfect, nobody is but was he perfect for her?

Was the type of trouble and adventures she'd have with Landon worth all this heartbreak and sorrow?

"Landon, I don't know," She responded, honestly.

"And I get that but," He sighed, facing the other way. "I don't want to force you into anything, love."

Gabriella began moving against the bedsheets alerting Carlota. She noticed she was about to fall.

Quickly getting off the bed, she rushed to her side and positioned her back, next to her sister, and gave them both a quick kiss.

"How did you find out you were pregnant? We used a condom and that was literally yesterday night." He asked as she made her way towards him.

"It was from that time I came to visit. I had sex with you because Lorenzo said he wanted another child. I didn't want to carry his child or even have Gabriella and Marianna have a half brother because it would confuse them in the future so I decided to have your child again." She explained.

"So you used me?" He narrowed down.

"Not exactly. Landon, we did make love that night and I loved every second of that. I love you which is why I couldn't imagine myself carrying anyone else's child." She further explained trying to make him feel better while cupping his face in her hands.

His face felt hot when she said that and thankfully the lights were off so she couldn't see. She sat next to him and rested her head on his shoulder. Their hands locked and their heartbeats in sync.

"I'm happy." He finally said, causing her to remove her head. "I'm happy that you're carrying my child and I'm happy that I get to spend this moment with you."

"I'm also happy Landon. But for how long will we be happy?"

"Just do couples therapy with me. You won't regret it." He begged, kissing her hand. "I promise and I'm not lying to you. You trust me, right?"

She nodded her head. "I trust you."

*-*-*

Awwww, I loved this chapter so much.

I've literally drafted the remaining 9 chapters already and reading the ending made me cry (HAPPY CRY)!

I'm going to miss these guys so much.

Updating Sunday

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU THINK THE THIRD CHILD WILL BE A BOY OR A GIRL?