- Chapter TWELVE -

She woke up to the smell of something being made in the kitchen.

Carefully, she got up and turned her head, and saw Yasmin, Aurora, CJ, Joseph, Camilla, and Annie on the table. "What's going on?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh, you're finally awake." Camilla smiled, standing up to go to her daughter. "How are you feeling, mi bebe?" She asked, touching her neck.

"Fine," She trailed, touching her mother's hand which was on her neck. My mind instantly moved to her two most important priorities. "Where's-."

"Inside the kitchen." She responded before she could finish her question.

She gave her look which her mother responded to with a smile and walked into the kitchen to see Landon cooking with Gabriella and Marianna helping him.

Her eyes looked around at all the mess and then looked at Landon who was helping Gabriella crack an egg.

"Landon, it's not breaking." She cried, hitting it harder.

"Just," He took the egg and tapped it gently on the bowl causing it to crack. Then he opened it perfectly into the pancake mix.

Gabriella shook her head. "Hm, I don't want to do this. I want to help Anna." She said, hopping off the stool and joining her sister on the floor.

"Rip the grapes off their sticks." She instructed, accidentally squeezing one. "Oops."

Landon noticed Carlota watching by the entrance and smiled. "Good morning." He said, going back to cooking.

"Mama!" The girls said in unison hugging their mother by her legs.

"What are you doing?" She asked them.

"Helping Landon make breakfast." Marianna responded as the two of them went back to doing what they were doing.

She walked over to Landon to see him mixing the pancake mix. "Do you mind them calling you Landon?" She asked, watching him mix.

"I don't like it but they did watch me stab Lorenzo a few times." He chuckled as if it was nothing.

She shuddered to that. "Okay," She mumbled, feeling awkward.

"Do you want to help us?" He asked, giving her the spoon.

She shook her head. "My cooking skills are trash, remember?" She said bitterly. "Are you going back home after breakfast?"

"You don't want me around?" He asked, shocked.

"Why are you acting as if nothing happened between us, Landon? I never forgave you and I don't think I will. Just leave me, Gabriella, and Marianna alone, please?"

"They're my kids as well. I'm not going to leave them alone. And I'm not leaving you alone. None of this is debatable." He said, frying the remaining pancake mix. "Just go to the dining room, the food will be ready in a minute."

She rolled her eyes and walked out of the kitchen to go sit with the rest of her family at the dining table.

"So Aurora, when did you and Yasmin make it official?" Annie said, spiking a conversation.

Aurora put her face in her hands which Yasmin laughed at. "Uh, 6 months ago." She shrugged, smiling.

Yasmin was finally happy her family was well aware she was a lesbian and Aurora was her girlfriend. She no longer felt ashamed of herself. She felt proud.

Landon came out shortly with the pancake on a plate while Gabriella and Marianna carried the fruit in the bowl. They laid it on the table and took their seats.

Gabriella and Marianna either side of their mother and Landon next to his sister.

They all took the amount they could finish, except Carlota. Carlota decided to eat the fruit instead.

Landon was trying to be the rightful dad in their family. He wanted to be a part of Carlota's life once again and this time, he wasn't planning on leaving.

*-*-*

Hi!

Updating Friday.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: HOW DO YOU THINK THE DYNAMICS OF THE FAMILY IS GOING TO TURN OUT?