- Chapter SIX -

Landon was happy his sister went to Hallie's house to sleep over. He was skeptical because Tyson lived there but he was assured her parents would be there.

He decided to get some extra work done so he wouldn't have to worry about it later.

He heard a knock on the door and was convinced it was Elizabeth. "I'm coming!" He said, loud enough for her to hear.

Sluggishly, he threw the crips in the bin and washed his face. Elizabeth made it clear she didn't want to walk into a dirty house and have Landon looking untidy.

He finally messed with his hair a bit, to stop it from looking flat. He opened the door, shocked to see her standing in front of him. With a doll.

"Carly-," He trailed, not knowing whether this was another one of his dreams.

"Why did you come over to my parents' house yesterday?" She asked, keeping her emotions in check.

"I-. When did you get here?" He asked, ignoring her question.

"Landon, I asked a question so answer it." She snapped.

Slowly, he examined her features to see how much she had changed. Her hair was shorter and much more curly, her eyes seemed tired of everything around her, she also dressed a little less like herself, and for some reason, she seemed shorter, but maybe that was the hairstyle.

"Why would you cut your hair?" He cringed, looking at it.

Much like Carlota, Landon wasn't a fan of short hair either.

"I didn't cut it for you, Landon. What did you need that you had to go to my parents' house?" She repeated one last time.

"I was looking for you." He admitted.

It was taking every bone in her body not to let her emotions get the best of her. She promised herself if she ever crossed paths with Landon, she would never believe a thing he'd say.

"That's Mari's doll?" He asked, taking it from her hand. He looked at the doll and looked back at her. "Mari's Lorenzo's, right?"

She nodded her head.

"Annie isn't home right now. She's having a sleepover." He informed letting her inside the house.

"Annie's having a sleepover?" She asked, smiling. "Wow."

"Yeah, she even has a boyfriend." He added, causing Carlota's eyes to light up.

"Well good for her." She nodded. "Well, I should get going." She spoke, heading towards the door.

"Wait, you're just going to come here and stay for 5 minutes? It takes 25 minutes for you to get to my place without any traffic and you're leaving already?"

"What do you want me to do? Stay? Stay after you left me for 2 years."

"Yes." He answered, honestly.

"No, Landon. I have a boyfriend and kids I can't stay." She protested.

"Kids? As in more than one?" He was starting to gain hope again. Maybe Mari was Lorenzo's child but maybe there was one before her?

"Shut up, Landon." She snapped, irritated.

He rolled his eyes. He honestly didn't know what else to say to her.

"Carlota, I'm sorry for not saying I love you back. I understand that I was a complete a*shole. I actually truly loved-."

"Don't say it, Landon! I don't want you to direct those words to me ever in your life! Because you're going to go back on them and call me a bloody hookup!" She yelled, letting her emotions get the best of her. She began crying and he smiled at that.

He walked over to her and hugged her tightly. "But it's true, Carlota and it still is. I love you."

"Well, I hate you." She babbled.

"And that's fair." He smiled, kissing her forehead. "Remember when we'd have sex behind Brinley's back? It's kind of ironic now because now you have the boyfriend." He chuckled, still holding her. "I also grew my beard out. I thought it would be an excuse for you to come over and start complaining. I missed you complaining in Spanish, love. Didn't you miss me? Even a little?"

She nodded her head, still crying. "Why did you have to call me that? Why did you lead me to believe that you actually love me? Why are you only caring 3 years after it happened?"

"I came back for you. Your mom told me you went to go live with Lorenzo somewhere else. I was so f*cking crushed, Carlota. I started hating myself for what I did."

She sniffed, enjoying him comforting her. She didn't want him to let go. She wanted him to hold onto her forever. But then she remembered her kids, realizing a cheating mom wouldn't be a good role model for them.

Quickly, she pushed away from him and wiped her tears. "I shouldn't have done that." She sighed, still wiping her eyes. "It was nice seeing you, Landon. Tell Annie I said hi."

*-*-*

Awwww, they finally met.

Updating tomorrow

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS CHAPTER?