- Chapter FOURTEEN -

They walked into the car, Stephano in the passenger seat and Vincenzo in the driver seat.

Stephano decided it was best not to exchange any words with his father.

This was the second fight he had gotten in with an older kid and the next time he won't be able to come back.

"Why, Stephano?" He finally said, breaking the silence.

"Why was he picking on my friend?" He questioned, back.

"Stephano you can't protect everyone."

"Well, you do. And I want to be like you." He said, looking at him.

Vincenzo took a deep sigh before looking back at his only child. "I won't tell mama this time if you promise not to get in another fight again. For real this time. If you do you get kicked out of daycare."

"Okay, I promise this time. And I'll keep my promise this time. I promise papa."

Once they stepped out of the car, the butler opened the door for Stephano and collected his tiny lunchbox.

Quickly, a body was thrown at Stephano and began squeezing him tightly. "Stephano, you've grown so much!" Carlota exclaimed, hugging him. She let go of him to smile at his confusion. "Though I've not missed your excessive crying."

"Who are you?" He questioned harshly which earned a light knock on the head by his dad.

"Vince, he's not going to exactly remember me. He was just a baby. I'm literally your mom's favorite person, Carlota." She introduced smiling at him.

Stephano eyed her up and down and began to smirk.

Like father, like son.

"Well, you already know I'm Mr. Varallo but you can call me Steph."

Vincenzo rolled his eyes walking to his wife and kissing her on the lips. "I've missed you." He whispered, against her lips while Carlota and Stephano were talking. "And I haven't seen you in a while, Landon."

Landon's legs were the pillows for his daughter's heads. "Hi. They got tired waiting for you." He explained.

He nodded his head.

"Do you think it's wise that they call him Landon?" Arabella asked Vincenzo, being her nosy self.

"They call him by his first name?" Vincenzo asked, being just like his wife.

A match made in heaven.

"I wasn't in their life for the first 3 years so of course they're not going to call my dad or papa immediately. Which is fine, I don't blame them. I'll give them time." He explained with a smile.

Carlota walked in with Stephano. "Mama, can Carlota come over every day?" He asked, with a smile.

She laughed when he said that. "Stephano, you're so charming. I'm sure he didn't get that from any of you." Carlota teased.

"Just know after 10 years of you never talking to them about it, they're going to call you Landon in front of your friends and their friends and it's going to be embarrassing." He advised, picking Stephano up. "Now it's time for your bath. He'll be back, in 30 minutes."

~

"You girls like me right?" Landon asked, dropping their dolls in a suitcase.

"Of course, Landon." Gabriella smiled, putting their spare clothes, which Landon bought, in the same suitcase.

"Do you love me?" He asked.

Marianna threw herself on him. "Yes!" She laughed.

"Do you love me like you love your mom?"

They both nodded.

Nervous to ask the question, he finally decided to. "Do you love me like a dad?"

Marianna nodded her head, picking up more toys but Gabriella froze.

"Mama told us to never forgive you for hurting Papa but to also be grateful that you saved us." She explained, looking at him and then looking away.

"You call him Papa but not me?" He asked, hurt.

"Well, he is our Papa." She shrugged, helping Marianna.

"No, he's not. Gabi, I-."

Frustrated, he decided to give up and continue packing. Carlota made an appearance in the room to them packing.

"Are you done? It's getting pretty late." She said, walking to the suitcases.

He ignored her and picked up the final suitcase dragging it to the other packed suitcases.

"Landon, I was talking to you." She said, picking up Gabriella and Marianna's duffle bags. He continued to ignore her and did a headcount of all the bags.

1 for their toys, 1 for shoes, 1 for Carlota's belongings, 1 for Gabriella and 1 for Marianna. 5 bags.

He realized they didn't really have a lot of stuff, clothes, e.t.c. Maybe it was because Lorenzo worked an average-paying job for Carlota, her children, Dante, and himself while Carlota was busy with the girls full time when she finished University.

Her hand touched his arm causing him to look at her. "What did I do?" She finally asked.

"Why would you still allow them to call Lorenzo Papa?" He finally questioned.

"Landon, they're barely 3, they're not going to understand. I don't want them traumatized at a young age." She explained, making sure to keep her voice down.

"Then explain to them gently, Carlota. Do you think it's easy for me being called Landon by my own children? It's embarrassing for me and it makes me feel less of a father." He explained, upset.

She thought about it and did feel bad. Carlota had no reason to hate Landon anymore. Of course, he cared. He was taking care of them and willing to help them with everything in their lives despite Carlota running away from him. She had to be grateful and respect him.

"Okay, sure. But we're going home first." She smiled, emphasizing the word 'home'.

It made him smile. It made him happy.

*-*-*

If you guys didn't read 'His Personal Assistant' and are wondering why Vincenzo and Arabella didn't have any more kids it's because Arabella can't have kids anymore. Vincenzo wanted a huge ass family to 'compensate' for the loss of his own family but Arabella is unable to have more kids and which adoption agency would give kids to a gang leader?

But at least you guys know they are healthy and happy.

I'm also thinking we do a sequel to 'His Personal Assistant' which will be based on Stephano. It was the main reason I kept Lucia's disappearance a secret. (Lucia is Luca's twin sister, Luca is Vincenzo's best friend)

Updating tomorrow.

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU THINK IT'S FAIR THAT THEY STILL CALL LANDON BY HIS FIRST NAME?

ALTERNATIVE QUESTION: WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO READ STEPHANO'S STORY IF IT'S 10X DARKER THAN ALL MY OTHER BOOKS?