- Chapter NINETEEN -

Finally, she had cried out the last tears that were willing to come out and fell asleep; not facing him.

She hated this. She hated how he wouldn't spare her a look anymore. She hated how he'd never call her name anymore. She hated how he'd barely converse with her anymore. And she hated having the feeling he was hooking up with Elizabeth every time he'd refuse to stay the night.

But Landon hated it just as much as Carlota did.

He hated how he didn't have the guts to look at her in the eyes anymore. He hated how he didn't have the courage to call her name anymore. He hated how he was too ashamed to converse with her. And he hated having the feeling he was hooking up with Isaac every time he'd leave the house to stay with his cousin.

Landon never stopped being faithful to Carlota. Landon has never cheated on Carlota. He knew even he couldn't bring himself to do that.

But that's one thing he loved about her. How she was able to control him into doing whatever he wanted without him double-checking it. Landon King would do things for Carlota he didn't know he could do for Annie.

Landon King loved Carlota Santiago.

Landon had to put up with her constant silent crying and babbling. It made him feel horrible but he wasn't going to show it.

He didn't want Carlota to think he felt bad for what he did.

His mind was still trying to make up an excuse to have her living with her. She didn't want him to leave her. He knew he'd regret it but maybe not 3 years later.

He was so stressed out.

With Gabriella and Marianna's birthday coming up next week Friday, Carlota driving him insane, the couples therapist he was trying to book, a DNA test to determine whether or not Gabriella and Marianna are his kids and his business not doing too good at the moment because of his focus not being there, there was a lot on his plate.

Carlota woke up from a bad dream of her girls screaming and crying for help. She didn't know why, she just knew they were about to get seriously hurt. She hoped it wasn't about Landon.

Taking a deep breath and bringing her hands together she began to speak. "God," She whispered, but stopped due to the smell of smoke entering her nostrils.

She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room to see nothing had changed.

Then why was she smelling fire?

Maybe it was from outside. 

But the windows were closed.

She shook Landon rapidly only to hear him groaning.

"Carlota, I made it very clear that I don't want you touching-."

"Landon, you can be mad at me later. Sit up." She ordered, earning silence from him.

"Landon, I'm not playing with you. Sit up. I smell fire." She said, shaking him again.

"Fire?" He asked, sniffing the air. "Fire!?" He yelled, jumping out of bed, grabbing a shirt, and pouring the water from his bedside table onto it.

He ran over to the door handle and opened it using the shirt.

Carlota was right. There was a fire. He could smell the smoke, he could see the red glow and he could hear it crackling.

"F*ck!" He closed the door and ran over to Carlota. "Are you okay?" He asked, holding her hands.

She removed his hands from her own and got out of bed. "L-Landon," She whimpered, opening the door with the shirt. "Gabriella and Marianna are sleeping in the other room."

*-*-*

HOW DID I MAKE ANNIE A SIDE CHARACTER!!!??? Like fr I don't even remember her being in this book anymore. Same with Yasmin to an extent. But this book is basically centered around Marianna and Gabriella.

Guys I also almost names one of the kids after Arabella once, lmao. If you don't know Arabella's other name is Adalina and I was going to name one of them Adalina.

Anywayyyyy, I made a house fire :)

Updating Wednesday

QUESTION FOR THE CHAPTER: DO YOU THINK I'LL MAKE ANYONE DIE? (IF YOU'VE READ HIS PERSONAL ASSISTANT THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW I MADE MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER DIE...)