CHAPTER 47

"Right, Jungkook and Lisa you both will be staying behind after school to set up for prom." Mr. Jung announces loudly to both of us a few minutes after interrogating us on why we were so late. 

I had mumbled something about losing my way to school, and Jungkook saying he stayed in the park to 'feed the ducks', both of which were obviously terrible excuses, however, Mr. Jung had seemed to reach a point of disturbing serenity since it was the final day.

"Why can we not come an hour earlier to set up? Prom isn't until seven."

"Well, you two have more punishments, am I correct? The hall needs to be mopped in advance before setting up, and guess which two students volunteered to do so?" Mr. Jung smiles widely at us. 

"You two."

"Actually we didn't," I mutter. "But whatever."

"Yes, Lisa? You also want to mop the hallways?" Mr. Jung responds, raising an eyebrow.

"No, no I don't want to," I say quickly, making sure to add a smile on the end.

The class soon fills with chatter again, Mr. Jung getting on with some last-minute work as Felix turns to Momo with a stupid grin on his face.

"Is the bet still on?"

Bet? I look around the class for confused faces, but everyone seems to understand what's going on. 

I figure it's another prom couple since Momo had done that a few weeks ago, guessing which seniors would be crowned prom king and queen. 

She always knew about each and every couple in school, even if it wasn't in our year.

"Bet? What-Oh." For the first time, I see a falter in Momo's usually confident voice. Momo was self-assured and sure in her speaking, but I see her face drop slightly.

"With them like that?" Baekhyun speaks, "Pfft- of course not."

"Them like what?" Jungkook asks, and he looks like he's just as confused as me. Momo's eyes land on Jungkook for a while and she turns back, staring determinedly at the front.

[ Hope ya'll remember the bet 😅]

"l- I don't know, they've gone places, yes, but not to their destination." She says and I almost roll my eyes, what type of Shakespeare bullshit was this? But no more words are said about the topic.

Since it's the last day, there are no lessons and instead, we spend the day clearing out the classroom and lockers.

Jungkook avoids any sort of interaction with me unsurprisingly, and I suddenly regret mentioning the book, feeling stupid. There are students outside, picking up litter from the courtyards, others wiping the windows and banisters.

 I clean out my locker, pulling out crumples of papers, and besides me Jungkook is doing the same, sitting on the floor of the hallway as he sorts through his papers.