CHAPTER 22

"WAKE UP!" I'm woken by both Jae and Taehyung screaming in my ear. I groan grabbing a pillow and throwing it at them both. On top of that, I have both Tae's dog, Yeontan, and my dog, Coco barking in both my ears. I crawl further into the blanket. It's too early for this. Too early for Taehyung and Jae to start annoying me. I swear when Tae stays over, they both have the time of their life annoying me and pulling pranks on me, and I can't do anything since they're both much older and stronger than me.

It's weirdly quiet for five minutes.

I slowly drift back to sleep, Coco and Yeontan barking in my ear occasionally. Where did they go? Then suddenly I hear whispers in the room and Yeri's muffled laughing. I peek from the blankets. Taehyung's got a hand on her mouth stopping her from laughing out loud. I'm confused, but I'm more suspicious than anything.

I didn't see Jae with a jug in his hand.

Then suddenly, I hear footsteps coming closer to my bed. Then, slowly, something wet drips onto me. Water. I yelp jumping from the bed onto the floor banging my head onto the bedside table and proceeding to drop my mason jar full of water, onto my head. The jar tips over, and pours slowly onto my head. Water drips from my hair onto the floor. I take a deep breath before screaming, "Jae you motherfucker I will murder you!" I jump up grabbing the half-empty jug from his hand and without hesitation, I tip it over him. I stop halfway when two hands cover my face.

Tae appears from behind me putting his hands on my cheeks, shaving foam all over them. He covers my face with the shaving foam squishing my cheeks, before wiping his hands on my face, like I'm some towel and looking at me with a proud smile.

"You should look at yourself in the mirror." Yeri appears out of nowhere laughing. She's in the weirdest position, taking a video from under her leg, she's being overdramatic, doing a forward roll on the ground pretending she's some spy or something.

"You know we only wanted to spill a little water on you, you brought the other thing on yourself," Jae says pointing at the mason jar. "Hmm, is that why you had a full jug of water?" I ask sarcastically. "AND WHAT ABOUT THIS?" I turn to Taehyung pointing at my face. Before he can say whatever snarky thing he was going to say, Mom screams from downstairs.
"Is everything alright?" I'm about to scream that it's not, but Jae beats me to it, Taehyung covering my mouth just like he was doing to Yeri earlier. "Obviously everything's alright, why wouldn't it be?" He has a hint of cheekiness in his voice, that you just can't miss, and Mom doesn't. "Is Lisa alright? You haven't done anything stupid like dropping ice cubes on her, or putting a spider on her bed?" She says listing what they both did last night. It's not only them two though, I know Yeri's behind it all. I let out a scream, but Taehyungs still covering my mouth. So I stamp on his foot and seconds later we're both on the floor fighting, his hand on my hand, and no matter how many times I try to move it, his hand doesn't budge.
Jae and Yeri are both laughing and making fun of how weak I am.

During this mini fight, my mom calls my name multiple names, and because of Taehyung, I'm not able to answer back. "Lisa?" My mom calls, she's at the bottom of the stairs now. I spit on Taehyungs hand and he recoils disgusted, running to the bathroom as fast as he can. I finally answer my mum, who's called me almost twenty times now.

"Yes?" I shout. "Come downstairs!" Mom screams from downstairs. "Why? Is it because of the burnt spot on the carpet-?" I ask. "No-" She says, but I continue to talk. "That's because I was minding my own business when Jae comes running around with his stinky ass socks so I threatened him that if he comes close to me with them I'll set fire to his homework, but fun fact- I'm actually scared of fire so I used a lighter, that also a fun fact- I actually found in Tae's coat pocket, don't ask me what he's doing with a lighter, I think you'll have to tell his mom to raid his things, who knows what you'll find? Anyways-" I look at Taehyung who's just entered the room, giving me look that would kill, I pretend I haven't seen him and carry on talking, "-Yeah, after I set fire to his thirty-page essay, I didn't know what to do, so I accidentally dropped it on the floor, but thankfully, there's one clever person in this house, so Yeri ran and got water, whilst Tae pissed his pants, Jae being the selfish person he was, ran out saying it wasn't his fault- which to be honest it wasn't- and Jennie screamed 'oh my god there's a fire' like no shit sherlock I didn't see it right there on the middle of the room-" Jennie screams from downstairs, "I DID NOT-" Mom interrupts us both. "Girls be quiet, Lisa you burnt the carpet?"

Crap. She didn't know, I'm gonna be dead meat.

You know, I should really keep my mouth shut. There's a moment's silence as I look around at everyone, all of them trying to hide their laughter, before Mom speaks again, clearly trying to be calm. "Just come down." She says, tapping her fingers on the railings of the stairs. "Why?" I ask. "Did Jae not tell you? Dad's here." I shoot out of my room to the landing of the stairs, and I'm about to come running down before Mom stops me. "Lisa, you can't look like this, we have guests downstairs." Jennie comes out from the front room, carrying a tray with biscuits in her hand. "And just in case you didn't know, they all heard your screaming, and everything you just said about the burnt carpet, you know you're so loud, they heard everything." Jennie hisses to me in a gleeful manner.

I don't know why she's so happy.

I shrug my shoulders, why should I care? I'm never going to see them again anyways. I run to the toilet wash the shaving cream off my face, and in my haste, miss a bit but I don't bother since I couldn't care less, run to my room grab a hoodie, and put it on before running down the stairs.

And tripping.

I skid halfway down the stairs and crash into the Yeontan in front of me. I guess Taehyungs parent's senses start tingling, because the moment I crash into Yeontan, he comes running down the stairs grabbing Yeontan and whispering, "It's ok my baby, I will never let you near that clumsy thing ever again." He then proceeds to kiss Yeontan everywhere. "You are such a weirdo," I muttering under my breathe before walking away. Taehyung glares at me still holding Yeontan close to him, so I glare at him too.

My dark expression quickly fades when I see Dad sitting in the room as I peep through the door. There are other voices, but I can't really recognize them. I open the door wide and in my excitement, it bangs onto the wall beside, and the guests turn to look at me, but I don't care. I run to Dad and hug him. "Do you want to know how Jae greeted me? He looked at me once, said 'hi', and walked off." Sounds like him.

"Greet the guests too." Mum whispers. I turn around to the guests. I honestly can't tell if I don't mind or do mind. I continue to keep smiling as I greet everyone, bowing slightly at both Jungkook's parents. I smile at Yongsun and shake her hand and stop at Jungkook giving a noticeable fake smile before shaking his hand harder than normal. Yes, we have gotten closer but he's still the same annoying boy at the start of the year.

The moment I do so, I yeet out of the room and trip again skidding on the wooden panels outside the living room. "Shit." I mutter. My head bangs on the door. Taehyung calls from the kitchen, "I said you were clumsy." I stand up to say something but Mum interrupts me.
"Lisa come here." She says looking confused. She pulls on my hair, shaving foam on her fingers. Oh. "Why do you have shaving foam in your hair?" Dad asks. "I was shaving my beard, obviously," I say sarcastically and I hear Taehyung snort from the other room. I give one last smile to Jungkook's parents and quickly glance at Yongsun and Jungkook. Jungkook laughs a little and Yongsun stifles a laugh. I'm forced to stay for a few minutes and I contemplate how to get back at Jae and Tae when I get upstairs.