CHAPTER 21

"Jennie my black dress!"
"This is your black dress?"
"Well no then, I'm the only girl in this house!"
"Dang, Lisa, do you go clubbing or something because this dress is hot-""Lisa's too young to go clubbing idiot," Yeri says."Ugh, Yeri, my makeup!""What makeup? I never see you wearing any.""The makeup in your hand!" She passes me the makeup, pouting."Jennie my RJ plushie.""NO.""I will murder you if you don't give it to me now."

We both pull at the plushie, unaware of Yeri. She grabs a stool and reaches for the box at the back of my wardrobe. She pulls the box out, blows the dust on it, and places it on the bed. She starts pulling everything out of it, photo albums, letters, artwork until she reaches the bottom. She pulls out a heavy, handmade book, the title '99 reasons why I hate you.' She looks at Lisa who's still fighting with Jennie. The bottom is signed with a name, 'signed: JK.' She always thought there was something going on between the two. She saw the small glances he gave Lisa, how he was so overprotective of her when that boy Hyunjin showed up. She also noticed when they were texting each other at the sushi restaurant the other day, and how neither of them couldn't stop smiling after that. She's just about to open it when Lisa finally finds out what she's doing.

"Jennie- Yeri, hands-off, NOW."

She pulls the book closer to her, stubborn."NO."

"Give it to me."

"NO."

"Give it to me, please?" I ask desperately.

"Still no."

"You can't say no, because it's mine."

"And what's mine is yours."

"No, it isn't because it's mine."I quickly glance at Jennie, who's looking back through my clothes, and Yeri takes this to her advantage. She runs from the bed and across the room to the chair, holding the book high. I'm practically begging now.

"Yeri please, I'll do anything just don't read it.""Why? Is there something there that's naughty?""What? No, I've never even read it before.""Then there shouldn't be a problem." I forgot that Yeri can be such a sassy brat. I opt for a different way to get it. I shout instead."KIM YERIM I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T GIVE IT TO ME I WILL TELL JENNIE ABOUT YOUR BOYF-"

"SO WHAT, I'VE BROKEN UP WITH HIM ANYWAYS."

She stands on her toes and flipping through the pages. She skips right through to the last page and I practically see her face change from mischievous to serious.

"Lisa, you weren't lying when you said you haven't read this?"

"He walked it in my face on the first day of school and I've never read it, okay?"

"You're not lying?"

"No!"

"Good."

Was what he wrote in there really that bad? And even if he wrote shit about me in there, I'm still holding onto it, even though I don't know why.

***

After eating out at that sushi restaurant, we had decided that on new years eve, we would go out to the annual funfair. If there are two things I hate the most it's ice and rides and that's the two things I've been forced to go to the past week. I've had a fear of rides ever since two years ago, when Jae forced me to go on a drop tower, and ever since then, I've been scarred. It was a dare and me being the stupid thirteen-year-old I was, I went on it, even if I was probably too short.

Unlike last time, everyone's come, and I mean everyone. Jimin, Ji Sung, Jin, Hoseok, Jungkook and Mi Sun, Tae, and Irene are coming to pick us up and we'll be walking from there. Jieun, Moonbyul, Yoojung, Boram and Jisoo are coming together since they live closer. Me, Yeri and Jennie end up being late, because Yeri and I were fighting for the book for a further half an hour. She persisted that I let her throw it away, and I persisted that I wanted to keep it. Jennie was the one who interrupted us halfway through our argument. I'm surprised she remembered.