CHAPTER 23

''So, when did they go?" Boram asks as we walk to the café from her house. "They went back to America yesterday, with Dad," I say. "Shame, I liked them," Boram says.

We continue walking to the café, the one we visited many times, and my teeth are chattering, since it's that cold. But that's fine because Boram talks the whole way for me.

"I don't know why, but Jin didn't want to come, because he says I do everything too loudly, I talk too loudly, I eat too loudly, he talks loudly too!" Boram complains. "When school starts tomorrow, I'm going to grab a handful of snow, NO a bucket full of snow, and shove it in his backpack, NO I'll bury his face in it, SO he can stop talking. " She takes a huge breathe, before continuing, "AND then we'll see who talks louder." She says, stamping her foot in the snow. "Has anyone told you that you talk too much?" I say. "Hey! Should I shove your face in the snow too." She says suddenly angry. But then she pinches my cheeks saying, "But I don't think I can, your face is too beautiful. "

"You're like Momo, you know?" I say. "SO? I admire her, she doesn't listen to what other people say, and does what she wants." Boram says. "You're right," I say as we walk into the café.

"Hey isn't is that the H-guy?" Boram says. "Who?" I say. "That boy at the funfair, remember? Who held your hand." I ignore the last bit and the weird voice that Boram makes. "Hyunjin?" I say confused. "Where?" I ask. "Look H-guys at the counter!" My eyes immediately travel to the counter, where I see him serving some girls. He stops serving the girls, and his eyes look up to me and I give a small wave, Boram beside me screaming, "HI H-GUY!" As she gives huge waves. The girls at the counter turn towards us giving us dirty looks. Hyunjin smiles at me before giving Boram a hesitant smile. I tap her on the shoulder, "Stop Boram, I think you're scaring him." I laugh.

We sit at a table, waiting for someone to take our order. "I wanted the H-guy to come, but he looks too busy with all those girls too come here." Boram says sadly. "They don't even come for the food, they come just to look at him like he's some idol." I say irritated. "Are you jealous that they're all hanging out with your boyfriend?" Boram teases, but I don't say anything. "You did a good job with him, he's cute." She whispers the last bit, winking.

Before I can object, someone speaks from behind, "Once you get used to it, it's quite easy to get away from girls." Hyunjin suddenly says behind me. My cheeks burn bright red, knowing he probably heard what Boram said. "So what do you two ladies want?" He says looking at both of us, a small notepad and pen in his hand. He looks at me, but for some reason, no words come out. Is it nerves? "Ok, since Lisa doesn't want anything, what do you want B-girl?" He turns to Boram and I quickly get back to reality.

"Stop! I want just hot chocolate." I say. "So you're alive. B-girl?" He looks at Boram. "I want bubble tea and hey! Just because I call you H-guy-" Hyunjin bows silently to both of us and goes, leaving Boram staring at him. "Definitely your type, you would do the exact same thing." Hyunjin turns to us as he walks back, "What did you just say B-girl?" He says innocently. "I said-" But he turns again and walks away. "Proper flirt," I mutter.

"He's not doing it to anyone else though, he's only doing it because you're here." Boram says. "He just knows me that's all." I say back. We wait for our order but it doesn't come for a while, so we watch as he hands out to drinks to other costumers. As he walks past he quickly whispers, "Don't worry I haven't forgot about you."

We continue waiting for our order as me and Boram talk about random things, when Hyunjin places two cups on our table one for me and Boram, before disappearing again, but this time he returns in less than a minute. He drags a chair out, flops down on it, and takes a seat behind us, he untangles the knot from his black apron, before folding it and placing it on the table.

"You never told me you worked at a café." I say as I blow onto my hot chocolate. "Do I have to tell you everything?" He says. "I mean you did tell me about a part time job, but I was half asleep because it was almost four in the morning." I say, remembering a few nights ago. "My parents own this café." He says. "Really? Can I get a discount, off all orders because I come here nearly everyday, because, you know I'm a broke highschool student." Boram says. "Sorry, we don't do things for broke high school kids." He says.

We continue talking, for hours. It's different talking to him over text and in person. He has so much more to say and he laughs so much. Honestly, it feels like I've known him for years. Also I think he has a thing with annoying 'B-girl.'

It's almost seven, the cafés closing time, and we both watch his younger sister, put up the chaires in the tables. The table beside us has a view of the city, since its on the second floor of the story. The tall buildings and the river that runs through Seoul. Boram excuses herself to the toilet and runs off and for some reason, there's a huge smile on her face. She practically skips to the toilet.

"Why is she smiling so much?" I laugh. Hyunjin just shakes his head but he's also smiling. "What do you get in annoying Boram?" I ask. He just laughs saying, "You can tell she's your friend." Ok? "Hey Hyunjin, make sure to lock the door and close the lights." His sister throws him the keys and leaves. "I'm going to get something, I'll be back." He leaves me alone and I watch the view from outside. The cars, lights and the stars. I wait for Boram to come back since shes almost been five minutes, but it seems she's taking her time.

"I'm back." Hyunjin says, and he's carrying a small box in his hand. covered in black velvet with a bow around it. He sits next to me and puts it on the table sliding it to me. "You didn't need to buy this." I say. As I open it, there's a note scribbled inside and before I can read it, Hyunjin speaks. "I'm too scared to actually say it to you, so I wrote what I wanted to say." His face is red and he scratches his neck awkwardly. I'm just confusion right now, to be honest with you. I pick up the small note and read it and instantly I feel myself becoming red.

'Would you go out with me? (As in be my girlfriend?)'

But for some reason, I'm smiling. Before I can even say anything, Hyunjin rapidly speaks, "I totally understand if you don't want to, like I'm not forcing you to, and I know it's super lame, but I've never really asked out a girl before so..." He looks at his lap as he says this, avoiding eye contact with me. "I would've said its lame, but to be honest its kinda cute." I say. I remove the paper and inside is a small dainty necklace with a small star charm at the bottom. "Hyunjin, this is so cute!" I practically scream. "Really? I didn't know what to get so I asked Boram and yeah..." He looks at me shy.

"Boram?" I ask confused. "Oh right, she's my neighbor." He says. "Really? She acts like she doesn't know you." I laugh. "It's why she calls me H-guy, she could never remember my name when we were kids." He says. "I never knew that." I say as I stare at the necklace. "I forced her to bring you here."

"So...?" Hyunjin asks. "What?" I answer confused. "The..-" He trails pointing at the note. "Oh yeah. of course!" I say and I can see the relieve on his face and seconds later, I feel someone squeezing me from behind. Boram obviously. "Congratulation! Your second relationship and his first relationship, this is so cute!" She squeals.

"But we don't even know each other that well," I say gathering the courage to ask what I've been thinking since a few minutes ago. "I know but I want to get to know you better." He says. "So are you happy?" Hyunjin asks and I can see the huge smile on his face. "Well no then," I say back smiling too. He takes the necklace from the box, "Can I put it on?" He asks shyly. "Sure." I pull my hair back, Boram watching with a smirk on her face. "H-guy looks so happy, he's practically glowing," Boram says and as I turn around, he does look happy.

And so am I.

I guess.

But why doesn't it feel right?

Cringe fest