CHAPTER 9

At School:

When I arrive at school glares, whispers and stares follow me. Maybe it's because I'm not dressed in my usual depressing colors, but they're looking at me like I've done something wrong. Well, I have. I cant understand why, but it's mainly from the girls. Maybe they already found out I punched their precious Jungkook, or maybe... they've already seen the video that I posted. Then I remember practically the whole school saw it. Yep, that sounds about right, they're angry at me for exposing Jungkook.

But after a while, I notice something else. It's not just me that gets the stares, but it's Jieun and like again it was from the girls. They give her dirty looks and whispers as she walks past with Irene. This is all my fault. I watch her as she walks past and gives me a small smile. Now I feel bad. Not for exposing Jungkook but posting that picture without Jieun knowing, yet she still manages to smile at me. Why is she so nice? How can she be so perfect? Apart from being the nicest person on earth, she's extremely beautiful, not just on the inside, but on the outside. She manages to make all the people around her beautiful too, which explains why her friends also have outstanding beauty. The only reason she gets dirties from all the girls is that they're jealous of her. Who wouldn't be? She has a petite figure that suits her perfectly and beautiful facial features. Anything she wears looks amazing on her and on top of that she has a heart of gold.
Always willing to help anyone.

When I arrive at class, everyone is silent. I look to the front thinking to see Mr. Jung but he's not there. So why is everyone so quiet? Normally I'd come inside to a war zone. Momo would be jumping around the class high on air, Jungkook would be telling a story, the group of the girls in the corner would be whispering about something, Ji Sung and Jimin would make a slingshot waiting for Mr. Jung to enter, and Jihyo would be seen trying to escape from the windows. But they're not doing that. Instead, they're all either reading a book or strolling quietly through their phone. This is scaring me. A lot.

I sling my bag onto my desk and take my usual place beside Jimin. What scares me, even more, is that Jungkook didn't greet me with his usual 'hi babes'. Instead, he just glares at me.

 He would always greet me with that and surprisingly I would reply with the exact same thing instead of a sarcastic reply. It was probably the only thing we could say without starting an argument. It was our way of mocking what couples would say. We only had one thing in common. 

We didn't believe in love. Yes, he probably had a few crushes here and there but he didn't love them which was why he couldn't stay in a relationship for a long time. So when we said babes, we were making fun of them. Of course, all of Jungkooks past girlfriends knew he didn't believe in love, but they all dated him thinking that maybe they were 'the one.' It was actually funny thinking that he was going to change when it was clear he wasn't going to. They had already given him too many chances.

As I sit down I turn to look at Jungkook I notice his bruise has gone worse. It has swelled and has gone a purple-green color. I reach out my hand to touch it but he notices and quickly slaps away.

"What the hell are you doing?"
"What do you think I'm doing?"
The class lookup.
"Why haven't you put anything on it?"
Jungkook raises an eyebrow.
"Because it doesn't hurt, why do you care?"
He's lying.
"Because I did it, I don't want to get into trouble for it."
"If you don't put it on, it'll go worse!" I say.
The class looks at me curiously and Jungkook's lips curve into a small smile.
What?
"Fine, if you don't want help, I won't try to help you next time!"

I turn around in my seat and face the board determinedly trying not to speak in the unusual silence that fills the class. I'm about to break when Jimin takes the earphones out of his ears and looks at me, his eyes sparkling and a mischievous smile on his face. When he speaks, he speaks loudly and clearly so everyone knows what he's saying.

"So from what I've heard from someone..." his eyes travel to Jungkook "...you like me."
Why did I know he was going to say this?
I roll my eyes and look at him directly in his eyes.
"It was just truth or dare, I could've lied easily."
"Ooh truth or dare, that sounds juicy," Tae shouts from the other side of the classroom.
"What were the dares?" Joo Won shouts from next to Tae.
"Chill, it's not anything you're thinking." Mi Sun shouts to him and he sighs in disappointment.

And suddenly the classroom goes back to normal.

"I was so sure that Lis-kook was real," Momo says for the fifth time.
I cringe hearing our names together.
"Nah, it was always Lis-min for me, you were so cute as kids." Says Boram one of my friends from since elementary.
When did I start getting shipped with people?
"Shut the fuck up, I don't like anyone!"
"Really?" Says Boram in a disbelieving tone.
"Trust me, Lis-kook is real, I can feel it." Says Momo dreamily.
Jimin and Jungkook laugh.
So annoying.
I turn around to shout at Boram but a huge textbook comes flying through the air like a frisbee. The sharp sides of the card collide with my skin.

*Bam*

It hits me on my cheek and I feel a stinging feeling as blood seeps through my skin. I don't even get to see who it is because I hold my cheek closing my eyes tightly trying to get rid of the pain.

"What the hell Taehyung?" Mi Sun screams.
"It was Ji Sung's fault that he didn't catch it in time!" Tae shouts back.
Jimin leans over from his chair and takes my face into his hands. He examines my cheek.

"You and Jungkook can be matching," Jimin says with a laugh.
"You'll get a bruise, but other than that it's just a papercut."
"A big papercut," I say sourly, glaring at Ji Sung.
"I'll just get you an icepack-" Starts Jimin but something drops onto my desk making a huge thud noise. I look down to see an icepack already there. I look up I see Jungkook walking to his seat. The whole class stares at him as he starts to flick through his science book.

"Told you Lis-kook was real!" Momo screams from her seat.
I look at Jungkook who gives a small laugh, still flicking through his book.

What just happened?

And then something clicks, Jungkook hasn't mentioned the video, maybe I shouldn't have embarrassed him like that.

Maths: