Chapter 13 (William)

The dungeon is gloomy.

As I walk further in, I can see the layers of dust that are painted onto the walls. It's very dark to, only firelight to light the way. No windows, no daylight, only enough fire to light up a few inches infront of me. That's why when I get to the guards I nearly don't notice them.

Luckily however I hear them, they are shouting at each other, probably playing cards or something to pass the time because honestly, nothing much really happens round these parts. This part of the castle is like a curse, it's like all light has been sucked out of the place, it's forgotten.

Stepping quickly to the side and hiding myself against a wall, I find myself in a puddle of water. That's another thing to, it's incredibly damp down here, lots of puddles scattered around the place, waiting to trick their victims into stepping in them and getting wet feet.

Ugh. But I'm doing this for Arthur. That's why I can stand the rotten smell.

Quickly, I search my brain for ideas on how to get the keys from the guards, and how to get past them without noticing. I can't stand here forever, I do need a plan. Usually I don't go into things unless I have everything fully planned out, but with Arthur's life on the line, I've broken my own rule, I have no plan.

I need to think of something. I have to think of something.

"You know, all this would be a lot easier if I helped, but it's alright, I understand if you would rather do this yourself and let your boyfriend die," a low, cold, dangerous voice comes out of nowhere. A familiar voice. Looking around frantically, I try to find it's source but the firelight allows me to see very little. "I can help, if you want it, if you trust me," she says that word with such... coldness that I want to decline it but as she steps out of the shadows, revealing her new self I know I have no other choice.

"Emma," I gasp, surprised. I look at her up and down, every inch of her body is covered in black leather (with a crocodile leather jacket and black boots) while her face is incredibly pale, her white hair pulled back into a bun. The only thing about her that is the same is her emerald eyes. Everything else is different although even they have changed a bit, the sparkling happiness that used to be there is gone, replaced with sadness and hate. "What are you doing here?" I ask once I have recollected my cool again. "Are you going to help me?"

A wide smile appears on my sisters face, not happiness but not quite wickedness either. Quickly it falls when she looks around us and back at me.

"David and Snow have caused to much pain, especially on their children," she tells me, tears in her eyes though they quickly disappear. Momentarily I wonder if she knows about James but I push that thought away in order to work on the task at hand. "So yes I will help,"

Despite Emma's... current state relief floods into me. Emma knows what this is like and she has magic. With her on my side, this will be easy, but can I trust her?

"But William, you have to trust me. I know I'm not what I used to be but you have to trust me or else this won't work," she tells me, is that just me or is some of her old self returning to her? I'm not sure. I'm tired, worried and I've missed my sister so much it's probably just my imagination.

"I trust you," I say. And it's not a complete lie, I do trust her I'm just not sure how much. "I think," I admit at the end, swallowing the lump in my throat, I open my mouth to give a rushed explanation but she cuts me off.

"I understand brother," she sighs, a tinge of sadness and hurt in her voice. "As much as it pains me I understand. I've changed, I've been nowhere in sight for the past year. It's undeniable your trust in me would have shrank," and I'm not sure there are any words for me to express how relieved I am at this.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, looking at my sister for a second. Suddenly though I remember why we're down here. "Arthur, we must save him, my disappearance won't stay secret forever,"

"Relax," my sister says, rolling her eyes and bumping my shoulder. "I have magic, now let's go save your man,"
***
She uses magic to knock the guards out, taking the keys and handing them to me but not running like I would. She walks somewhat quickly but not at the speed I'd want to and it somewhat unsettles me. Makes the little trust I do have in her waver. I do love my sister, don't get that part wrong, I just not trust her like I did and that trust is decreasing by the second. Even if she does have magic, we should be going faster.

"Sis please can we hurry up," I ask, walking a little faster myself so I'm just infront of her.

"There's no rush, I have powerful magic William," she smiles, waving her hand as if to show me.

"Yes but we have a life to save and we can't take our time," I sigh, now stopping, despite my wanting to hurry up. "It's like you don't even want to help me,"

"Of course I want to help you!" She whisper-shouts, sneering slightly. I shouldn't have said that, it seems to really have offended her.

"Then why are you going slow? It's like you don't even care about me at all! What do you even need your magic for? What are you planning? Is this all part of some evil scheme? Why do you even need to kill our parents? You'd be leaving me an orphan and if you do that I will do everything in my power to kill you," I rush quickly, raising my voice with anger as I ask all the questions. I seem to have really pushed Emma's buttons now because with one frown she says:

"Fine, you can do this on you're own. Don't blame me when you're precious Arthur gets killed," she growls, making herself disappear in a cloud of grey smoke by waving her hand. Leaving me here, alone.