Chapter Forty-Two

Forty-Two: Wounded

broken: (adjective)

To sustain injuries; having been broken.

ღ

Jimin had been pacing outside the sanatorium. Waiting for Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi to come back. Jungkook and Taehyung had already been admitted and no one was allowed inside the operation, and check up room for the moment. Jimin had seen Zandro way before he heard him. He had seen the way Yoongi didn't bother waiting for Zandro to stop, before he slid off his back. Freezing Jimin with fear for a moment. He would have scolded the elder for the recklessness. He did not need another person getting injured, but he couldn't bring himself to say anything or do anything.

"Where-Where is he?" Yoongi asked, grasping onto Jimin's shoulder, "Where are they?"

"The Healers are checking on them right now." Hoseok answered. And Jimin was grateful that the Kenna did. He didn't trust him to reply. Fearing he might break down the moment he uttered a word. The image of Taehyung's wounded body, Jungkook's body falling limply of Bricriu, and the sight of the devastated state of Yoongi was too much for him. 

"We're not allowed to go in their rooms right now." Jin added. 

Even though they hadn't been waiting in the hallways for that long, to them it seemed to stretch out for several fratzs. The silence in the hallway was thick, and unnerving. Only he sounds of footsteps as Namjoon  paced from one side to another, and the sound of Yoongi's and Jimin's feet tapping anxiously against the floor breached the silence. 

Namjoon was the only to keep himself together at the moment. Hoseok and Jin were under shock. The Kenna's body slightly trembling, and if Jimin didn't know any better he'd think Jin was paralyzed. And Jimin himself was no better. His clothes were stained and soaked in blood. Biting on his lips till they hurt. If it weren't for Yoongi's hand over his, ground him, he might had a mental breakdown. He could feel the all too familiar buzzing and warm sensation spread through out his body. 

But Jimin wasn't sure if Yoongi was trying to calm him down, or himself. Or perhaps both. 

"They-They are going to be fine right?" Jimin couldn't help but ask. Namjoon glanced at him, and pressed his lips in a thin line. Not giving any reply. 

"Hyung?" Jimin called once again. His eyes pleading for an answer from the Mairs. The elder sighed, and stopped in front of him. Crouching down, he placed his hand over Jimin's knee, and gave an assuring smile. 

"Don't worry. They'll be fine." 

Even though it was hard to believe at the moment, Jimin still felt himself relax at the moment. As did the rest.  

And then finally two healers walked over to them. Immediately all of them stopped whatever they were doing, and stood up in front them. Startling them a little.