Chapter Forty-One

Forty-One: As long as you're safe

It takes a daring heart,

to be selfless in love

Jimin woke up to the feeling of someone clamming their hand over his mouth. His eyes snapped open and he looked up, about to scream. But he his panic stopped as soon as it started when he saw Jungkook's face hovering over him. The Draconian hushed him, placing his index finger over his lips. Jimin furrowed his brows as he relaxed himself and nodded. 

"There's someone inside our house." Jungkook whispered. His voice barely reaching Jimin. 

Jimin froze for a second before reaching out behind him, for Yoongi. But was confused when he his hand fell upon an empty. Jimin frowned, swiftly turning around. However, he could panic over the missing Draconian, he saw Yoongi near the door. The elder was peeking out in the hallways before he closed the door. 

"Take Jimin to the panic room." Yoongi spoke quietly as he walked back to them. Jimin furrowed his brows in further confusion. Panic and worry slowly settling in his mind. Jungkook's hand grasped on his wrist and pulled him towards the closet. 

"Auba?" Jungkook's voice was frail, and weak when he called for the elder. Seeing that Yoongi wasn't following them. 

"I'm going to check who it is." Yoongi replied as if he already knew what the younger was going to ask about. 

"But I don't know how many they were." Jungkook whispered.

"They?" Jimin repeated, "There's more than one intruder?"

Jungkook bit on his lips and nodded, "I heard two sets of footsteps. They-They were near my art room."

Yoongi nodded, "Okay, I'll be right back."

"No, no, no" Jungkook whimpered.

"Jungkook, I promise I'll be fine." Yoongi sighed, "Now hurry."

And even though hesitant Jungkook nodded and turned around, pulling Jimin after him. Before the black haired had the chance to ask where they were going, Jungkook walked into the closet and switched the light on. Then, he walked over to the very end and crouched down. Jimin's eyes widen a little when he saw the younger slide out a piece of wood. Beneath it was a gap, wide enough to fit a person. 

Jungkook easily slipped through the hole, while Jimin walked over to it. Peeking inside, he saw the younger switch on more lights and realized it was like a tunnel. The younger ushered him to come down before walking out of the way. 

Jimin gulped, glancing towards the closet door. Everything was so eerie silent that he could hear his own heartbeat boom in his ears. Gulping, he crouched down and hopped in through the hole. Once he was down, Jungkook reached up the hole to slid over the cover.