Chapter 1

I swear I don't hate school. I love learning.. I just hate the people at my school. I go to a rundown public school and I know everyone, but I only have a few close friends. Then again, I don't even tell them everything. Mostly though.

Anyway, I'll share a little about me. First off, I'm known to talk a lot and explain too much. No, it's not all the time, but it happens a lot. For instance, I'll go way off topic, and keep going until I realize no one's really listening. It's only when I'm embarrassed or I need to explain something complicated, or even if I'm excited. It's embarrassing and it's one reason I don't have many real friends. People think I talk to much, but they want to be the one that finally distracted me and took me away from my focus of school. Yeah, I'm one of those nerdy people who love learning, a teacher's pet, the one everyone tries to cheat off of. Those are some reasons I have many of the "friends" I have.

I'm not your average nerd though. I'm also a jock, and honestly that's the sole reason I'm as popular as I am. The guys on the team didn't even like me until I showed them I was good, also I showed them how to get girls. Just because I don't want them doesn't mean I don't have game. If I ever hang out with them it's because Coach wants us to. I don't even give my number out to any of them. As far as being my closest friends, it's not them. They pressure me too much. They want me to drink, to do drugs, to party, and to fuck girls with them. I'm not one to give into peer pressure though. If it's someone important, I'll do anything for them though, no matter what, without thinking. That's when I know I care about someone. It's happened once, but I let her slip away, well she's kinda in jail. School and basketball are the most important things to me. I'd rather go to a private school though. Just can't afford it.

At home it's just Mom and I. I have an older brother, Lucas, but he's in college. We have different fathers, his is actually there for him. I do sometimes wish for a father. My biological father raped my Mom, resulting in me. He's in prison now, turns out she wasn't the only one. Mom says she doesn't hate him though, she says it's because he helped create me. She also believes that it's not good to hate people, always forgive. It's exactly what I follow, I try to do as she says. I try not to cause trouble for her, because we don't have much. She works a lot to support us, too much if you ask me, and although she didn't want me to get a job, I have one. It's at my best friend, Kale's family restaurant. Well, it's not really a job, whenever I feel like we're low on money, I work. Kale's father usually over pays me. Kale and I have been friends since kindergarten.

Kale's family is rich, and the restaurant is expensive and high quality. The family offers help, but Mom and I don't like taking things from people. Except for the Benz that Kale's father bought me for my 17th birthday. Of course I accepted the car. Mom was furious, but she let me keep it. Kale's father is like the father figure I've never had, though I barely have time to do much. His mom is really nice. Since she's always on business trips, Kale and her don't have the best relationship.

As for physical features I'm 6'4, and I have short, straight, jet black hair; it's a gentleman's cut, though it's messy and thrown around most of the time. I wear glasses, and I hate contacts. My eyes are a greenish hazel color, and I have slightly pale skin. I'm always outside, but for some reason, I barely tan. I'm fit and in shape because of basketball and sometimes boxing. I'd exercise a lot, but there's usually no time, I'm always busy. If there was such thing as an offseason or a long break with Coach, I'd probably just box.

My best and closest friends are Kale and Amy. Kale is tan with black hair and green eyes. Sometimes, it's asked if we're related, just because of the hair and eyes. It's stupid though because those are the only things we have in common other than our height. Kale is attractive, if I wasn't lesbian and focused on school, I'd be interested.

Amy tries to be interested in him, but for some reason she keeps denying that she's lesbian. I know she is, when she spends a night with me, she always stares at me licking her lips. I usually just walk around in a bra and boxers just to tease her. Yeah, I know I look like a guy so what does that prove? She doesn't really like basketball, because she goes to all of my games, but I catch her talking about Brittney Griner, plus she's following her on all of the social networks. She's always talking about this butch girl named Reb from some school around here, but she swears it's because she's so surprised she finally settled down."Oh my gosh, her and Chloe are such a cute couple. She's so lucky." Which she is lucky? Either way it's still lesbiany. She admires Sam Smith for coming out and she loves his music, as do I but I'm not in the closet. I think it's the fact that her Mom hates me because I'm lesbian, but why can't she tell me? I obviously won't judge.